Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout Fishing Mead/Mohave
I am looking at hitting Willow Beach this weekend, in hopes of getting the planted trout. I haven't been fishing out there yet, but had some questions I hope you guys can help me with?

I would expect power bait and worms work best for the planted trout. Is there a color power bait that works better than others? Its been a while, but I remeber chartreuse was the only color that worked.

What is a good spot from the shore? Is it best to grab a spot on the pier? How deep is the water in this area, if you are fishing from shore?

I was at Cottonwood Cove last weekend just checking things out. Wow, is the water beautiful! It looks pretty darn clear. So I am guessing that the lighter the leader, the better? I will probably end up with my ultra light gear for trout.

Got a second pole stamp, so hoping to cast for stripers.

Anyways, if there is any other advice out there I'd appreciate it! If anyone is fishing out there this weekend, keep an eye out for me, as I will be driving a red Ford F-150 truck.
[signature]
One more thing - I read that there are weekly plants at Willow Beach. Can anyone confirm that is still the case? In my experience, the planted trout are pretty hot for the next day or two after the plant.

Thanks.
[signature]
Yeah they stock them every friday at Willow. Any powerbait will normally get them, I have heard that stocked trout like corn because it is in the pellets they have been fed since they were born. Good luck.
[signature]
Go get 'em! There are monsters in that water. Good luck
[signature]