Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wax worms
[size 3][cool] Have you ever used wax worms? What have you caught? What type of rig did you use?[/size]
[signature]
I usually use wax worms for ice fishing as a tipper on whatever Im jigging or hanging although lately I find that a small piece of earthworm works better for me.
[signature]
I rarely use anything else anymore for tipping my ice jigs for trout. I think they outfish mealworms 3 to 1 or more.
[signature]
Do you ice fish Aurora Res.? I've really been into the perch the last couple yrs-no giants but limit every time on 8-10 in.I found they really like minnows and often they hit pieces of minnows better than a live one-wonder why? My favorite lake has always been 11-mile. Wolford was good for nice trout the first 3 yrs it opened,but the size has diminished greatly but I did catch 65 little guys by 11:30 one saturday.On jigs with a piece of worm.
[signature]
Hey Slayerfish-I hate to admit, but I've never ice-fished Aurora. The fishing at Eleven Mile was so good last year that I'm not sure I fished anywhere else. Like you, I fished Wolford a lot a few years ago when the size was decent. I also really enjoy night fishing at Lake John in the years when it has decent oxygen levels. I've caught many more and much bigger average fish at night at Lake John. I guess I'll have to try Aurora this winter. It's nice to see this Colorado forum a little more active! Take care.
[signature]