Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wavefishing swim bug! WINS.
I got my wavefishing.com order this morning and hit the church pond around dark today.

I used a white spinner bait, as usual, and after 30 minutes had caught 1 bass about 14".

I put on a 4" Swim Bug - White on the spinner bait as a trailer and...
[inline SB021_thumbnail.jpg]

I caught 5 bass in 10 minutes fishing the same area I just fished for 30 minutes and only caught one!

These lures WORK.

I changed up the whole presentation and just rigged the 4" Swim Bug - White weightless with a 3/0 wide gap hook and let it sink to bottom then used old school worm fishing technique by raising the rod from around 10 o'clock to 12 then letting the bait sink to bottom and wait about 10 seconds.

I caught 3 bass in a row! By then it was dark and I left.

And that was just the one 4" Swim Bug - White.

I bought the Swim Bug Kit ... I can't wait to try those at Valentines pond this week and the other lures I got from Wavefishing.com.

I will definitely be telling my fishing buddies about these lures and where to buy them.

I can't wait to try the 10" Ribbon Tail Worm and the 7" Anaconda at Valentine's Pond this week. There are alot of snakes around that pond and I think the Anaconda is going to wear the big un's out during spawn the next couple of weeks.

Wave Worm customer for life now!

Mike.
[signature]
By the way. The Black Cap is awesome. I really didn't expect a cap of this high quality for only $15.00. It is my new "lucky" cap after all the bass I caught at church wearing it and using the white swim bug lure.

pic here guys.. Great cap!

[inline BlackCap.jpg]
[signature]
Not to take away from Wave products (I have several different bags in my arsenal, I love the craws) but if you like those kinds of baits in the picture you should check out Yamamoto's Flappin' Hogs. Looks like a real craw in the water.
[signature]
Looks like the bug is their take on a creature bait or beaver. I too like to work it on the bottom with a small 1/8 oz weight. I usaully use black, but white seems to hit well for you. Great another color to buy.[cool]
Glad to see you hit them hard.
[signature]
That's sweet! I love just catching fish even if they are one ponders.
Check out my fishing blog at http://hookedfishing.blogspot.com/
Thx!
Keep Fishing!
[fishon][shocked]
[signature]
I enjoyed reading about your 7lb bass,thanks.I noticed your into frogs,here is what I came up with,I hope it helps you land that trophy.I removed the double hooks and added an offset worm hook 3/0.I catch way more bass now with the single hook.This is my biggest bass after my modded frog,second biggest of my life!,7 lb thats big!Congrats! this is my 7lber caught on my frog.
[signature]
Hey buddy,ever try fishing with a white color at night.I was really surprised.I used zoom finess worms at night at the glades,after first practicing at the lake,did really good including a 5lber while bouncing the bottom.At the lake I was nearly done with my retrieve as I got near the edge of the drop off,just started winding up when this bass hit the worm,I barely had time to open the bail,its a good thing I keep my rodtip up high,let him run a bit then struck him. "Paulpro tip",I sometimes hook the bait not through the bait,but just stick the tip of the hook along the skin of the bait leaving most the hook exposed,just makes it easier to set the hook.I do this with an offset worm hook sometimes.Enjoy your new wave products PP.
[signature]