Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20" Largemouth today!
Got to Valentines pond at 1pm today with winds howling at 20mph with gusts to 30. I was getting backlashed every other cast with usual smaller white spinner baits so I switched to 3/4oz bullet weight and Texas rigged worms.
Fished until 5:30pm without a strike even changing up the worms and soft plastics.
At 5:30 I changed back to a large chartreuse single gold Colorado blade spinner bait with a White 4" swim bug trailer (wavefishing.com lure). Made about 5 casts down the bank and having a hard time getting it anywhere near shore, the wind even blew it up on bank a few times.

Finally one cast landed about 40yds down the bank and about 1 foot from the bank. Halfway back in BAM! I knew immediately it was one of the best Largemouth I had hooked in years.

This is my best Largemouth Bass in around 6 years. Yahoo! I wanted a pic of me holding it but I was there alone, and I catch and release, so this is the only image I will have of it...

[inline 3.7.2012.20.JPG]
[signature]
GREAT FISH!!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
wow what a toad! guess 6lbs?
[signature]
Only 5lb 1oz. At least I am catching good bass again this year. After the floods last year was horrible and I didn't catch like I have been this year so far.

Also I won the winter bass fishing contest here at bft and with the wavefishing.com lures I won I seem to be catching a helluva lot more bass with those lures.

Got a good 19.5 at the same pond a week later. Pic below:

[inline "Snapshot 2 (3-14-2012 7-21 PM).png"]
[signature]