Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield report
Headed to Scofield in the morning. Any reports on if the slush monster has surfaced? Any fishing reports would be good too. Smile

Looking to go to the south end or the dam arm.
[signature]
We were there last week and it wasnt to bad. It was a little cold. The last 2 days may have changed that
[signature]
Slow day. Only iced 6 with 4 of us. Was at the south end.

Anybody do any better?
[signature]
I went up this morning and only caught 1. Was a beautiful day up there
[signature]
My 2 boys and I were there Saturday too from 7:00 to 2:00. We parked at the south end there, walked half way out to the island. We landed 28 fish, all cutthroat. A few weeks ago in the same spot with some scouts we landed 34 chubs plus some cutthroat and rainbow, but Saturday it was only cutts. We landed a few with half a nightcrawler, the rest were on smaller tiger colored jigs tipped with the chub meat. All fish were between 11 and 17 inches. My youngest got bored after not catching fish for a while and put on nearly the entire bottom half of a chub, tail and all. He ended up catching a 15" cutt on it, and had another fish on that came off half way up, may have been a little bigger, but not huge like you'd think would hit something like that. Was a lot of fun and a beautiful day, so hot we had to put sunblock on twice to keep from burning.
[signature]
Fished the west side Saturday. Six in our group(4 had never ice fished before). We ended up with 6-8 trout. One bow the rest cutts. Poked a few holes till I found the chubs. Then it was nonstop action for the rest of the day. We had two kids with us who had never caught fish before. They had a blast and didn't care that they were chubs. It was excellent practice using the flashers, watching the spring bobber, and setting the hooks. They picked it up real fast and got real familiar with the basics. We left 130+ chubs on the ice for the coyotes. CO's stopped by in the PM to check licenses. Nice guys, and they were pretty impressed with our pile of chubs!
Nice day, good company, fun times!
Better get out there....it wont last long this year!
[signature]
Nice! That's always fun to have the young kids get into the action.

We stayed pretty close to shore, in fact, moved alittle closer when the hits weren't coming in. Sounds like the the fish were out farther.

Thanks for the report! Nice to know they were biting somewhere out here!
[signature]