Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you find out who your friends are...
when you call one buddy at 10:00 pm and he gets worse stuck than you and then you call your other buddy at midnight and he brings his brother and everybody shovels till 3:00 am and then you get home at 4:30. His only comment was, "I thought we did this enough in high school!" Don't anybody plan on pulling your camper out on to swim beach at Flaming Gorge for a while. A few empathetic gettin stuck stories might help me feel better.
[signature]
You should have titled your thread: "You know you and your friends are dumb when..."
[signature]
touche... I guess that is a little catchier!
[signature]
I have to admit, though, I have done things eerily similar!
[signature]
I got home the next day at 4pm once[mad] after being stuck in Nowhere, ID. Going on a decade and hasn't happened again.Just got to learn by our mistakes.
[signature]
Been there. First attempt to launch from a shore w/o a real launch. Yeah - guess you don't back up as far! Specially when it's gooey mud your backing into!
I got saved or woulda been filing an insurance claim!

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=729653;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]THIS might make you feel better. [/url]
I think this guy just earned his "sign" - Foxworthesque!

Someone shared a story about falling through the ice, then managing to lock himself out of his truck while changing out of his wet skivvies. Yup - buck naked, trucks running, keys inside.
NICE !!! I gotta say been there done that [cool]

Back in the day a buddie and I got stuck in the snow wheeling up the river near the B in bountiful. His bro came up with his 3/4 ton Chevy to pull us out when his truck slid sideways and down into the river he went.

We called the 4th buddie who had a winch on his truck. While waiting for the 4th Buddie, Good old Sherrif tidywities pulled up and cited both of us. [crazy][crazy][crazy]

Good times [cool][Wink]
[signature]
Back when I just got my new Ranger boat a bunch of us took our wife's with us to swim beach at the Gorge..

At night we beached our boats on sure, no wind and all looked good..About 3: to 4:00 I wok to find the wind was blowing, by 5:30 when it was braking light we could see our boats had been pushed about 10' to 15' up on sure..

We had to turn my boat around to face the 6' to 8' waves that was coming at us, each time a wave would hit we pushed but with 8 people was not moving the boat + the boat was full of water and the waves would cover and flow over the boat each time..

I had to use the boat motor with the others on the sides of my boat to get it in deeper water off the beach..

It was about 83 the same year the wind sank a bunch of other boats that was in the marina..Oh yes all the other boats was 12'ers so we could load them on the beach..
[signature]
I've never been stuck in my life.

I'm the guy who pulls rookies out all the time.
[signature]
[quote Stumped]I've never been stuck in my life.

I'm the guy who pulls rookies out all the time.[/quote]

Yep. Keep thinkin' that. Been nice knowing you.

<plonk>
[signature]
I did that with a bronco 2 in 1993 in a swamp in WI. Took my about 6 hours to dig it out. Ask me now if I have a shovel, rope, come along and I even bought a warn winch this year. Makes for a good story now but wow that was a long night.

Glad you got out without breaking anything.
[signature]