Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina Bi-monthly Shallow Saltwater Report
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Fishing Report<br>From 01-05-02 through 01–19-02<br><br>We’re still having warm weather most of the time with only a few cold days thrown in just to mix things up a bit. The water has cooled and is very clear and the fish can be seen fairly easily. We ran 6 trips during the past two weeks and caught fish on all of them except two. On the two zero days, we saw fish, and fished right in among them, but never got a bite. On one day, I even tried using live mud minnows but the fish had no interest in them or anything else we cast into them. On the other trips, the fish seemed willing to bite just fine. One guide had a really good day when they caught 38 reds that ranged from 3# up to 11# and caught all of them on artificials. He said it was one of those days when everything worked just like you wish all days would. Another had a good trip when they caught reds and also some trout. They had 3 reds around 5 to 6 pounds each and 12 sea trout. I personally haven’t caught more than a few occasional trout this entire season. I’ve also noticed that there are hardly any fishing reports being put out in our area. I think it’s because there are not many guided trips being run so the guides aren’t reporting anything at all. I know most of them are still fishing some, and I do wish they would give us a report, even if they didn’t have a client. Most of us are interested in how the fish are doing, and who better to tell us than the guides? <br><br>Total for the two weeks: reds totaled 41 and trout totaled 14.<br><br>Thanks, Gene Dickson<br><br>Delta Guide Service http://www.deltaguideservice.com<br>Georgetown, SC<br>1-843-546-3645<br><br>We are a saltwater fishing guide service located on the coast of South Carolina.