Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im New
Lets talk fishing. I have steady reports coming from the oceanside area and dana pt. Wide open on the yellows. Sounds like the private boats have the advantage on the fast moving fish. The sport boats that can carry the bait are winning on the anchor, we can sure talk about chumming secerets on small boats to compete with the big guys! anybody interested?
[signature]
[size 2]Hey Bobby,[/size]

[size 2] Don't really fish that far south[unsure] but I know alot of people on the saltwater board do.[laugh][/size]

[size 2] if you don't get any hits here try posting there too. Just hit the main index link at the top and it will show you several other boards.[/size]

[size 2] Good luck[sly], and welcome, again[Wink][/size]
[signature]
Nice to see you here and I appreciate the support. Gotta go but will be back with you soon.
[signature]

Hey bobbybigfish,

Good post. I've got some so called friends that go on THEIR friends boats and have been catching big bass on the outside of the kelp beds for the last three months up and down the coast!!!

The yellows!! absolutely!! Newport, Davey's and Dana Wharf all have been getting in their licks as well as Oceanside (as you said). I sure hope they come up further into the LA area! Like around the Huntington flats or Horseshoe!

I'd be happy to catch the rats, firecrackers or whatever any day of the week..... using my bass gear of course! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey Bobby,

Great to have you on the boards! I would love to here some of those techniques and hot spots. I have been fishing the Dana Piont area the last 4 weeks and have had some pretty good luck. 1st week we were on the white Sea Bass right outside the Wharf on the big kelp strips. 2nd week produced a yellowtail on a small patty that one of the sport boats past up and the last time we were out about 279 and the skip jack were biting all day.

I have a couple questions regarding Dana Piont. Where are the shark spots? I have heard 289 will produce? I love some advise on bringing'em in (chumming, depth, spots, etc..).

Lastly Bobby, I know you are regularly fishing the Marlin Tournaments. I hope you'll keep us posted.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator