Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/10 LBSF Native Sun
10/10 LBSF Native Sun

Fished the Native Sun out of LBFS today on a 10 to 4 run.
We went up the line to Marineland looking for the shallow water rockfish but they didn’t want to play so we came back in to fish the kelp bed and ran into W/O Calico's,Sandbass, 3lb Boneheads and a lot of mini-Mac's. Most of the fish were caught flylineing, Jackpot was a 3.6 Calico and I hate live bait because know I have to clean the scales off of my rods..

The good news of the day was I heard that the Mat Walsh got 30 Yellows at the Horseshoe on live squid Capt. Ed said he is taking a charter there in the AM.
[signature]
my buddy chris said that you guys were getting some yellows too!

how has it been recently. i just scored a job on the monte carlo. got kinda tired of the pursuit.

joe
[signature]
Joe

Capt Ed said that the boat got 4 yesterday on bait.

and congrads on the change [crazy]
[signature]
Hi there FTRDeckhand,

Haven't heard from you for awhile. Hope the fishing has been good. I'm down to fishing two days a week on the party boats but fish the local lakes almost every night!

How do you feel about the later Winter schedule? I have never liked it because I think it shorts the super local mostly short WSB and especially the early barracuda bite.

I'm hoping the yellows bite moves up closer to within LA boats 3/4 day range whadda ya think? I'm going Tuesday and Wednesday. If you got any good news...............

JapanRon
[signature]