Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Havent tubed forever!!!!
has anybody tubed Huntington Harbor, Alamitos Bay, or Belmont recently???

fall is coming around and the halibut season will be in full swing anytime now! yipeeeee[Smile]

joe
[signature]
[size 2]Hey Joe I normally hit Huntington Harbor area but have been super busy I have not hit it lately.[unsure][/size]

[size 2] Let me know how it is if you go.[Wink][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Joe, good to hear from you. I suppose you have been busy on the boats.

Yeah, now is the hot time for both the inshore and bay fishing...and fresh water too. Hope you are able to hit the water and get reacquainted with some of the fishies you left behind over the summer. They should be bigger now. Hope you find some legal 'buts.

This used to be one of my favorite times of the year to walk the shore and pitch plastics and small spoons. I got a lot of big surfperch and more than a few decent halibut. When the surf is laid down, you can actually see the fish chase down the lure and munch it. Like trout fishing.

And, it is surprising how close to shore some of those big old halibut will be laying in the sand sometimes. Down off Newport one time I had a 25# halibut jump up out of the sand and chomp a little spinner...only about ten feet from shore on that fast sloping beach. I saw the whole thing and almost popped the 6 pound line on the strike. It took about a half hour to convince that flattie to come lay on the beach. I didn't have a net or gaff, since I was fishing for perch and just walking and pitching.

Let us know if you get out, and what the fish are eating. There have been reports of some large balls of small 'chovies and smelt that have been attended by bay bass and small white seabass. The halibuts are usually nearby too. Find the food and you will find the fish.
[signature]