Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1548 remodel
Picked up a nice little mod-V 15 footer earlier this year and spent a few hundred bucks to fix it up. The first run out the long shaft 40hp outboard was shooting a huge rooster tail up the transom any time I gave it power so the first fix was to raise the transom. The second fix was to install flooring between the ribs and then build boxes to set a couple seats on. All of that then got a rubberized coating as well as the front deck. We also put a ram mount for my fish finder on it and a removable adapter for the bow mount. Got it out yesterday at saratoga springs and was very very happy with it [Image: icon_e_biggrin.gif] It ran around 20mph (no GPS) with three guys and gear, kicked the guys out and it ran closer to 30mph (just a guess). No rooster tail and it cornered great!I think this will be a sweet bassin boat this spring and summer and a great duck boat come fall! Can't wait to get it out again![inline 0324121105a.jpg][inline 0317121217.jpg][inline 0317121348a.jpg][inline 0324121006.jpg]
[signature]
That looks like an awesome retrofit! Would love to see the project back to front. Got any "before during - after" pix? Did you tear out benches and stuff?

I've got two boats I hope to refit the bow of each for more of a 'bass boat' approach! Is yours a V-hull? Or flatbottom.

I take it you've got a long-shaft. Don't think my little spud would handle a 40! That shoud get you after the Wipers pretty good this year!

Congrats. Thanks for sharing.
ask and ye shall recieve! No benches to tear out but the man I bought if from had welded pedestals to the ribs up front and on the back deck. Those came out with a little mechanical "convincing". Took it out on the water and the long shaft motor sat much to deep in the water and after looking at the commercial products I could use to lift my transom, I decided to do it myself. Little bit of steel angle and some LVL and I made a rock solid extension of the transom for $30. It's a modified V hull (flat bottom and a shallow V nose) but the floor was enough of an angle that I couldn't just do one piece across both sides, so two pieces went in for each space between the ribs. Used cabelas rubberized flooring because carpet and duck hunting don't mix well. This stuff I can just hose off and it's good to go again.
And yes, I'm stoked to chase wipers with it [Smile]
[inline image-1.jpg]
[signature]