Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Oct 11 03 (Report)
Met up with IFG and BLM and hit the Bear yesterday. Quite the humorous trip when you get us three yahoo's together. [Wink] Hit the water at about 6:30 and man was it COLD! We headed down to the rockpile area and jigged most the morning. BLM Caught the only Mac at about 11 pounds and a Cutty in about the 60 foot range. We had to take IFG back to the dock after he humilated himself trying to cast a heavy lure and fogot to press the cast lever. You guessed it, a very loud POP and we watched as the lure went screaming across the water.

Not really, we took him back so he could go to work[Sad]. That was at noon so BLM and I headed back out and stopped where ever we marked a good amount of fish. BLM had the toads reeling in a 12 1/2 Lb Mac and then a 13 1/2 pound Mac at about 70 foot. I caught three Cut's. Well, Actually I caught nine if you count how many times the last one spit the jig and turned around and hit it again[Wink]. No pics as the media card was left at home for the camera. But a great day never the less
[signature]
Great report Teroy, it sounds like the catching is improving. It guess BLM is still "Da Man" when it comes to catching those lake trout at Bear lake.

Hey Teroy. I still haven't heard back from you on that musky hunt. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I would of found IFG's lost lure cast a lot funnier but the lure was mine that went sailing out 100 yards and sunk to the bottom of the lake. The lure was a one of a kind and can not be easily replaced. Oh well, IFG, need another now? HA![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The first part of the day was pretty slow and the fish were reluctant to bite but the second half of the day warmed up considerable and we had several nice fish hit. We spent some time scanning the bottom, looking for lunkers on the sonar. We finally found a place that looked promising and it worked out. I lost two good fish that would of been close to the 10lb range that we never got to the boat. IFG, you left too soon![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Three fish over 11 lbs with the largest being just a under 14lbs is a pretty good day. If we could of landed the two others it had the makings of a phenominal day on the Bear.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I think Teroy rather enjoyed checking out those big macks fight. The largest fish put up a pretty good battle. I tried to hand the rod to Teroy but nothing doing. He'd rather hook up and battle his own. He'll get it done.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Sounds like a good day on the pond,I wish I would have went there instead of willard but thats how it goes!! I have had a few of those lost lure casts myself!"flip,snap,splash"[shocked][shocked][shocked]M.H.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008080][size 2]Enjoy reading your Bear Lake posts guys. Definitely getting my "wana catch a big lake trout" saliva glands frothing ... and it ain't even freezing outside yet! Keep them reports coming.[/size][/#008080][/font]
[signature]
You know us highly paid GIs gotta give the taxpayers their moneys worth. I wish I could have stayed, but duty calls. I lost your lure on purpose because I'm sick of getting outfished by you. You keep fishing with me and pretty soon you'll be down to that Sponge Bob pole, a bobber and 1 rusty hook. I do have another gold TD special like the one I lost, I'll bring it next time we go. You can have it, I hate to hear a grown man cry. I did check out that web site we spoke of and it sure does look like you in the cheerleader outfit. Don't worry, your secrets safe with me! See you after the first. Now I know why you like fishing with me, because I make you look good. Seriously, glad the big ones turned on after I left. I'm beginning to see a trend here.
Sounds like a killer day. Where are the pics?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I brought the camera but forgot to put the compact flash card in it. I got home and it was in the reader![/size][/font]
[signature]
Sorry WH2. Been busy trying to get everything loaded back on my pc after I formatted this weekend. I am free almost every weekend, well as long as the "boss" says I am free . lol
[signature]
Hey,BLM

Is the fishing just gonna get better now.I need some help from an expert,I will pitch in for gas if ya dont mind me tagging along some time.

later,Tony[cool]
[signature]