Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muskie junkie at work
[size 1]No Muskie day for me 10/11/03 . I found 5 dead ones on shore , some were over 40 " dried up . I worked (walked) Cemetery point both sides to spring creek area , where I hook my muskie 2 weeks ago . Left for dam about one and caught 5 smallies in the narrows , biggest was a 15" toad . It must of been the full moon, and the cold front . Did I tell you it was cold this morning . Ice on my guides cold . I was going to hit it again today , but my legs said no way this morning . [/size]
[signature]
Its a shame about the 5 dead muskies. Most likely they died from improper handling after they where caught. Its good practice to unhook them while still in the water if possible. If they are brought into the boat its good practice to have everything ready that you will need to unhook them so you are not searching for pliers,measuring tape, gloves, camera etc. and the fish can be returned to the water as soon as possible.
[signature]
your right. It's to bad that people aren't ready to hook a musky. I know that most are still hooked by people that aren't fishing for them, but they should know that if they fish pineview they might get one. I think there should be a class for all those that fish pineview to learn the right way to handle musky before they can fish.(just a dream)
[signature]
Only one looked like a recent one to die . The others look like they been there for a while . From there location where found they died sometime since last part of july to now . I found 2 fishing poles with reels . Froze up so I left them . If they said G Loomis on the I would of brought them home . LOL Someone sure enjoyed Luck Lager . Found lots of old beer cans there with tops rusting on them .
[signature]