Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bank Tangling at Flaming Gorge
Hello all,

Wanted to throw a line out to see if some I could get some basic info on Flaming Gorge.

I will be going up the second week of April with my family for the first time ever, so I have very little knowledge of the Gorge.

I was wondering-without stealing anyone's prized honey hole-where a decent spot is to fish from the shore.

I'd love to catch a trout or two. I was thinking of using worms on one pole and casting a Jake on the other- would this be wise?

Any and all tips are appreciated, thanks!
[signature]
sheep creek bay is good for fishing off the bank for bows. some times it is hot and other times it is not. most bait will work and spinner fishing to. just keep moving tell you find the fish it is a big lake any part will work fine.
[signature]
+1 on sheep creek bay. Rainbows in there big time during April.
[signature]
I fish several of the areas near boat ramps on the Utah side and usually do well. Should be some very nice rainbows cruising shore at that time. Fish night crawlers, PB, spinners, spoons, wooly buggers behind a bubble, and Rapala's and you should have a good time. Be sure to secure your bait rod they can be larger fish (18"-20") and very spunky and may take your rod.
[signature]
Maribou jigs in olive and purple work very well at FG for 'bows and the occasional brown.
[signature]
Use gold and orange or firetiger #3 Crocodiles. The trout in the Gorge love em!
[signature]
Try Velveeta cheese, I have caught some of my biggest fish at FG on Velveeta.
[signature]