Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod broke bass fishing
My G Loomis broke for no reason

G Loomis is not like it was before the Japanese took it over.
Gary Loomis is no longer there and quality and warranty is no longer there.

I paid $350.00 for a CR723 GLX casting rod and it broke on hook set for no reason. I take very good care of my equipment and it was not abused, infact right before it broke I caught 10-12 bass up to 5lbs on a private lake with 15# fluorocarbon.

They wanted $167.50 to replace it.

I mentioned that they claim a life time warranty and also claim " It has plenty of power to move fish away from heavy cover" and they came down to $100.00

That is all they would do ...... I put the $100.00 toward a new Dobyns and scraped the loomis sticker off my back window ..... NO MORE g loomis crap for me!
[signature]
That sucks,you should get a free rod[Image: beaten.gif]

My best rod is an allstar 8to 17,perfect,it was 6.6,now its more like a 6' but its even better now.P.S.I used this rod to catch last years Lunker bass for the contest we have every year.I currently have the biggest bass for this year,caught on the same rod,but not in pic...but here is one pic with the rod.Enjoy....The rod is only in first pic,the rest are just for kicks. Paul from [#008000]Florida[/#008000]
[signature]
This is why I buy nothing but Shimano. Allways 100% warrenty. I've only broken one and it wasn't over $100. Mailed it back and got a better rod in return.
[signature]
Shimano ownes G Loomis now!

Things have changed since they took over and Gary Loomis left......

No more loomis rods for me!
[signature]
I had a good rod break too on me when it shouldn't have. I have talked to guys at bass pro shops and they said my bass pro shop rod Power Plus Graphite reinforced should not have broken after playing a Lunker bass to bank like it did at the third ring.

I think both of us just got bad rods. It happens. I can replace mine this week when I go to Memphis Bass Pro Shop. They have assured me they will replace it with no questions asked.

It wasn't as expensive as the rod your talking about but I think you got a bad blank. or the glasswork was just wrong.

It wasn't your fishing technique but the product. Sometimes we get bad products. They are mass produced now days and 1 in 1000 might have a bad small glitch that just causes them to break or defect.

Just my thoughts since I had the same thing happen recently.
[signature]
I will reply this too... I set my drag higher once I got the Lunker to the bank and it made a last run.

I was told by bass pro shop guys that she should have broken my LINE before she broke my rod. So even that mistake I made should not have resulted in a broken rod. Just broken line.

We got bad rods. The assured me of this and told me they will replace my rod when I bring it back to the bass pro shop.
[signature]
It is very hard to find a quality rod made in the USA. The only rods I fish is from performancefishingrods.com This guy 100% makes all his rods in MD and for a very reasonable price. There is a [font "Calibri"][size 3]guarantee [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] on [/size][/font]all rods as long as they dont break from misuse. I dont like buying anything made outside the US when it comes to fishing.
[signature]
The only rod i broke was a cheap walmart rod. Looked like it was wood lol. But i have noticed that sometimes if you pay alot for somethign you get crap. I bought a gander mountain baitcasting combo, the rod is great, its being used with my silver max, but the reel was trash. The line would get between the spool and the shell when it would backlash, so i would have to take off the side cover, which on this was easy but the bearing wasnt held in there. It just sat there. So it would fall out and i would spend 10 minutes with my nose on the ground trying to find it. But it soon got away from me after the like 10th time. then i called up gander mountain, and no replacement parts...which made no sense. Seems like nothing is made to last.
[signature]
My goodness, I can't believe people will pay this much for fishing gear. I guess I'm too much of a cheapskate or maybe I need a job that pays a lot more.

I have cheap rods and have only ever broken them when someone steps on them or they pop out of the trunk at the same time I'm closing it. Smile
[signature]