Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 4/2/12
[cool]Hit the lake at gray light in the floattube today. Wind was slight at first then came on with a vengence. I was kicking south of 33 hole to try for lmb and striper. Fishing was sloooow. Got a blowup on a topwater plug and then nothing for an hour and a half. Tied on a 4" swimbait and first cast was a nice 2lb lmb that hit ten feet from shore. After that nothing but waves and whitecaps. Had to set the pole down to kick my way back to my launch area with waves coming over the back of the tube. It was still nice to get out and cast.
[signature]
At least you made it out. I am hating this wind right now. It seems that every time I am on my days off it starts blowing. Thanks for the report. I guess you had the lake to yourself.
[signature]
Winds have been pretty constant haven't they BigE? Today is looking like a short break in winds here so probably at Mead also, too bad you missed it by a day.

That LMB needs to find some shad or something to munch on it's a little on the thin side.
[signature]
Man, you're hardcore. Thanks for the report. That was probably a male bass up on a bed. I was going to take yesterday off to go fishing, and I cancelled and went to work when I saw the wind report. I opted for today (tues) to take off for the lake, but now it's almost 11am and I'm still at home. We'll see if I can get the ladies out the door today.

I'm going to be fishing a bit more in April (I hope), so I will give you guys some reports.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks guys. I only have one day aeek to fish so I have to make the most of it regardless of conditions.
SEALFISH: I'm still waiting for the shad to show up and the slurping/boiling to begin.
Whizzle: I know you will slay them when you get out. Good luck.
[signature]
Fished yesterday April 3rd at 33 hole. found a small male on a nest. Tail was all roughed up. Winds and cooler temperature seems to have moved the females back into deeper water or somewhere else. Stripers were missing also. Saw shore fisherman at the mouth of the wash with maybe 8 to 10 nice stripers. Those throwing cast nets were coming up empty.
[signature]
Nice man... weather is warming up and im getting ready to get back out there. I have one of those inflatable pontoons and ive been wanting to fish 33 hole off it. Do u know of anywhere i can drive close enough to launch? Only place ive launched is by boulder beach. . .
[signature]
[quote BigE][cool]SEALFISH: I'm still waiting for the shad to show up and the slurping/boiling to begin.
[/quote]

Well while you are waiting why don't you come my way and get into something a little bigger?
[signature]
[cool]You can drive to government wash and get fairly close to the water to launch. I have seen some guys driving down to the waters edge between gypsim wash and government wash off a 4x4 road.
[signature]
[cool]Time and money. Both of which I have little of. I got to save for a hunting trip(I hope). I put in my application yesterday for mule deer only. I'll tell the boss later. Get your hiking legs ready. In the meantime catch some more stripers out there.
[signature]