Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotfin Croaker ? or Corbina ?
I Am a little puzzled about My Surf Fishing Trip In PT. MUGU This afternoon...Does any one know of catching a SPOTFIN Croaker in SHALLOW ! surf In the last year? I Was useing Ghost Shrimp .A 4oz. weight . Size #4 circle hook in Very turbulent Breakwall froth, My BITE was hammered like I have never had .. It was a Repeated Banging Bites ... VERY FAST !!! ...Over 5 Seconds.... And.. Then..A....SCREAMING ...RUN...On..10 lb...Line......Middle...Drag..set.....RAN FOR AT LEAST 9 Seconds....Peelin-off....About.....50yrds.. ANY CLUE'S ?<br><br>
Sounds to me like you mighta snagged a nuke-U-lar submarine! What kinda rod wuz you using?<br><br>
Well you are right ! I didn't see the fish ! I have cosidered all the species, you mentioned , and decided to stop dwelling on it ! I Missed a Day Of Work Over It ... And Do It Again This Weekend ..AS Sure As The Sun Rises... I Will be at BIGFISH Getting More Ghost Shrimp And Returning TO The Place I Have Called The LANCHING PAD For Some Time.. THANK YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHT'S AND INPUT !!!! I WILL FOLLOW UP ON THIS !!!!! Keep Your Game Face On !!! See You On The Water........<br><br>