Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to buy a Fl Gorge Reciprocal Stamp
I am wondering where the closest place to Ogden or SLC one can purchase a Wyoming Reciprocal Fishing Stamp for Flaming Gorge. I have purchased them before at the Maverick in Mountain View but I was wondering if they can be purchased anywhere closer.

I can't seem to find them on-line but I suspect that is because the person purchasing the stamp may have to show their Utah license to qualify for one.

Any info or clarification would be appreciated.

--- Coot ---
[signature]
I know you can buy them at the Walmart in Evanston Ralph. However, I have done both purchased one for someone else and had someone pick one up for me. So if you know someone going up, have them grab you one. Might as well have them get your forest service pass while your at it. Going to need that too!
[signature]
+1 just make sure that they are not trying to sell you a WY fishing license. We went to that wallmart and they started asking for a drivers license, social security #, and when we saw that the price was well over $10 dollars we asked the manager what was going on and she said that the employee was mistakenly trying to sell us a non resident fishing license for WY. For a recipical permit at FG you just need to have the money...thats all.
[signature]
What is the forest service pass for? Also where do you get the out of state muscle cert tag? I got there on a late Sunday night last year and couldn't fish the Wyoming side until after things opened up in the morning Monday. Later J
[signature]
The forest service pass is a pass that you can buy for the season that hangs from your mirror that allows you to go anywhere on the flaming gorge recreation area and use the facilities. The entire flaming gorge rec area is forest service. If you do not want to buy a season pass, you can pay by the day where ever you go to park and use the area.if you go to FG very often and stay multiple days, it's worth the price. I think they are still 35 bones. Have to still buy mine.

I think you can get your wyoming Muscle tags at the Wyoming game and fish web site. I'm sure there is a link there you can click on. I need to do mine this week.
[signature]
Hey thanks I'm a one trip a year if I'm lucky guy so I guess the day pass will take care of me. Wish I could go more but I have too many other time drains and it's a long trip for me. Thanks again for the info. J
[signature]
Thanks for the good info RILEYFISH.
[signature]
Also remember that each day that you are there, it costs you. like most all places, its a daily fee.
[signature]
I wish I could stay long enough to make it worth while but if I get two days I'm doing really well. Maybe this summer I'll get a couple in. I hope so. Thanks for the info. J
[signature]
I don't post much here. But I follow most of the post. I just got my yearly nonresident on line. One of the options was a Flaming Gorge Reciprocal for Wyoming on the Flaming Gorge. Thats if read I right.
[signature]
Forgot to say it was a Utah license from the DOW web page
[signature]
Stop at Mt View Grocery store. Right after you turn off to go to the gorge. It is right on the way. That's were we got ours for the Burbot bash
[signature]
[quote sksmith]I don't post much here. But I follow most of the post. I just got my yearly nonresident on line. One of the options was a Flaming Gorge Reciprocal for Wyoming on the Flaming Gorge. Thats if read I right.[/quote]
This is not a reciprocal stamp to allow you to fish the Wyoming side. It is to allow holders of a Wyoming license to fish the Utah side. Wyoming Game & Fish don't do the convenient thing and allow us to buy the stamp to fish the Wyoming side online.
[signature]
We bought ours in Mt.View at the Maverick on Friday night. For $10.00 In the past I have bought 4 or 5 for the family members no questions. This year they said you cant buy one for somebody else. Hmmm so on saturday we wen't to the Chevron in Manila to get one for another family member who wasnt present on Friday night and they charged us $12.00 they said it was a 2 dollar service fee..... what the? Never beend charged a service fee before. Did they rip me off or is this legit?
[signature]
You can call find out the price, do it by mail, or,--------------stop in at the office. This is who I contact to do it by mail, etc.:

(800) 843-8096
Green River Regional Office
Green River Wy 82935
351 Astle Street
[signature]