Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon boat rivet work repair
I used the o'l block and hammer technique,did each rivet the old fashin way,used 1/4 rivets.For the original size,some fit loose,so I went up a size.Used V- rod from homedepot "aluminum" Made some washers for each side out of the old seat.Yes I removed my middle seat,and then added haul re-inforcement,by adding two ribs using the existing holes from the middle seat.Now I have over 5 1/2 feet of usefull deck space[shocked][#008000]P.S[/#008000] also here is where I mount my dual bowmount trolling motors to my bow! last pic..Its that time of year again,so get ready everyone!
[signature]
Here is another reason why I removed the middle seat,I can row easier ,better position as you can see.I can brace against the back seat with my feet to help me get more power,not that I need it..[Wink]

After removing the middle seat, I now have the fastest jon boat rowboat on youtube[Smile]Leave it to Paulpro to show you something never seen before,fastest jon boat... with oars alone!..Paulpro!.P.S.don't mind the Youtube title,its from a video response I made[Image: bobwink.gif]

[Image: default.jpg?v=4fb80c2f][#0066cc]2:34[/#0066cc]
[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn1a4zAsQPE"] Pauly's row boat[/url]
May 19, 2012 4:41 PM
[signature]
lol,your a ticket paul[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
rivet work video..no middle seat
[signature]
boating with kitty
[signature]