Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAINTING TRAILOR
I NEED TO PAINT MY TRAILOR IT JUST LOOKS HORIBLE, I WANT TO DO IT WITHOUT THE BOAT ON BUT THE ONLY WAY I CAN THINK OF DOING IT IS BY GOING CAMPING AND LEAVING THE BOAT IN THE WATER. ANY OTHER SUGESTIONS.
[signature]
That is how I have done it in the past, launch my boat then work on the trailer but that depends on which state park you go to, some might not allow you to paint a trailer in their parking lot. The other option you have is to jack up your boat, using boards to spread out the weight, you can then pull you trailer out from the boat or leave the boat in place and mask it off, so you don't get paint on it. Others might have different ideas but that is what I have done. Hope it helps.
[signature]
Thats what I was wondering I dont think they would let me paint it up at strawberry, we always go up for a few days and go camping and I pull the boat up to the shore but I dont know if they would let me paint it there or not.
[signature]
I agree, launch it and take the trailer off in the weeds somewhere.
[signature]
Like flygoddess said, if your going up to the Berry there are plenty of locations that you could take it off the main road that would likely be ok, just not in the parking lot.
[signature]