Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHICH multireel for spinfishing catfish?
Hello!

I am looking for a multireel which i can use for spinfishing big and heavy catfish. Which one is robust, strong, lefthand and importantly not bad for leightweight spoons? [Smile]

Many robust and strong multireels have a very bad throwing distance of 0,70oz spoons!!! [unimpressed]

Please help me!
i want to buy the right reel!

best regards,
Peter
[signature]
Hello Peter,
What type of price range are you looking at? Will you be using the reel on 2 different rods, one for the ultra light and one for the heavier fish?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
If you are going for huge cats make sure you buy a reel with good bearings and drag specs. Most big cats destroy reels that don't have a good drag system.

Just for your info. I have had many cheap walmart (30$-60$) reels just be damaged and lost after one fight with a 20lb blue...

spend 50 bucks on a reel and it's done after one big cat or save up and get a real one that will last.

my advice pay the bucks for a sturdy one that has a good drag system or keep buying the cheap ones.

In the end you spend more if you buy the cheap ones.
[signature]
100-350€

i d prefer if you tell me several reels between 100-350€ which you use OR which your friends use..
[signature]
walmarts cheap gear will work. Ive been using a small abu garcia cardinal 101 on a ultra
light ugly stik rod, spooled with 30 lbs powerpro, spent maybe 25on reel 25 on rod, rod was
a combo deal. I also have a penn pursuit 5000, came with a badass 1 piece penn rod
for $53 from walmart, i went and bought a 7ft 2 piece ugly stik tiger gold/red, the pole says 10-50lbs line.
if you know how too use your drag correctly, you can get over a 10 lb cat in on a zebco 22
ive seen it. I actually was getting all my gear from walmart, my demon perfect circle hooks,
and what not, but ebay has better bulk prices on hooks and sinkers.

Just look for something in the names, shimano,penn,okuma, abu is ok but has cheap flaw
in some models, daiwa is good, and dont underestimate zebco. i have a giant zebco
s/w sport spinner reel on a 9 ft rod. If i get another spinning reel, id get the penn avenger
or shimano baitrunner. But for big cats, my next reel is going too be a leverdrag
baitcaster, been looking at the penn squall.