Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly fishing and motorcycles
I know some of you ride bikes (flygoddess). I'm looking for ideas on how to set up to haul my rod/waders/boots/net on my bike. I'm hoping to find a good way to dry the stuff without mounting a milk crate to the back of my Harley or pulling a trailer.
[signature]
With my toon it was a trailer. But Saddle bags on the other gear and bungy the rod tube to the handle bars. Of course not a two piece...LOL or if I do, just make wider turns...LOL
[signature]
Thanks for the reply. I would like to strap something like a wire mesh cage to the sissy bar rack so everthing will dry off on the ride home. I was hoping somebody might have made one up already. Wet gear and Saddle bags sounds smelly.
[signature]
Take a garbage bag to put the stuff in. I never had a sissy bar although that sounds like a good idea. Specially the net.
[signature]
Wear them over the top of your leathers. They should dry nicely. [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
I can't really think of a way to really dry them completely. Even in a mesh or net bag they will be folded and not all parts dry. Plus they would drip. Put them in a garbage bag and hang them to dry at home.

Are you thinking of a trip with multiple stops? If so, I would wet wade with shorts and one or two pairs of crocs that you can rotate using. The crocs aren't perfect for wading, but they clean up and dry easily.
[signature]
I was thinking combining a nice day trip (huntington, price river, east fork of the sevier, uintas, any of those) on my bike with fishing. I guess maybe a garbage or wader bag is the way to go.
[signature]
NICE! Wader bag behind you could work.
[signature]
Sounds like a fun trip. If it is warm enough out, I enjoy the wet wading and not having to hassle with soggy waders.
[signature]
Just me then huh? I like that squishy feeling....LOL

(I am kidding!)
[signature]
I go through so many sticker bushes and brush that half the time my waders are soggy inside and out!! [crazy]

2FishOn, You might be able to strap a mesh laundry bag on the back of your sissy bar so that it sits on the rack. If you do, I would line the bottom of the bag with a garbage bag or something plastic that will hold the shape so that it doesn't drip on your bike. Maybe even an aluminum baking pan. Just something small, light, and will catch the junk.
[signature]
Thats a good idea. I was hoping to find something like a wire cage with an aluminum bottom to keep the water off my fender. At this point I'm thinking I'll just use a wader bag and dry everything out at home.
[signature]