Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I smoked a cattle killer
Today I was out and looking for ground squirrels and what ever, when I saw a bunch of crows, magpies, and a vulture in the brush. I went to take a better look, and I see two coyotes. They stand up, and I shoot the easy one and the other got away. I went over to see what they had. It was a set of twin Black Angus calf's. I could tell that the cow had given birth recently but she was no where to be seen. I left the coyote at the road and went to tell the rancher. I told one of the hired hands wife's that I left the coyote by the road as a marker for them to find the calf's.
Man I wish I could have had a shot at the second one. I took a picture of the coyote with both calf's. Ron

[Image: Threecreekcoyote4.jpg]
[Image: Threecreekcoyote2.jpg]
[signature]
Way to go! The coyotes are really bad out here during calving. I have seen them use wolf tactics of running in packs to get the calves. Pretty ugly.
[signature]
good job ron. get a few more.
[signature]
Oh ron I'm sure the yotes just happened by after the calves died.

I'm kidding way to go!
[signature]
thats a decent sized coyote by the looks of it! Bet the farmer is a little happier that one of the coyotes was killed eventhough a calf was killed too...
[signature]
The coyotes actually killed two calf's. I talked to him and yes he was very happy with it. I was told to keep that rifle handy any time I was near his place. Ron
[signature]