Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban the twins campaign
Some of you have started a campaign to ban the twins. Believe me, if I weren't a moderator, I may consider leading the charge. Ever since they have arrived, my workload (along with my fellow moderators) has gone up dramatically. They have been banned once, albeit for just a day. We were hoping giving them a short ban would get their attention, and that they would come back with a new and improved attitude.

Unfortunately, by them coming back with a post that included the following showed that we had false hope:

[#800000][/#800000][#000080]"....sorry tyedye haters but we are back...and more bad than ever. No more secret posts...no more sensitive waters....no more mercy folks...

Having the place to myself I chose a spot at my leisure and began the day's slaughter...made sure not to bend the barbs on the hooks this time. If I could have added a treble hook or two to the flies I would have for this trip. Oh well maybe next time."

[/#000080][#000000][/#000000]They have both been informed, by me, that to stay on the Utah board that they must immediately start showing, through their actions, that they are trying to avoid controversy, instead of creating it.
[#000000][/#000000]
Can we all just give this a rest for awhile and let the moderators do their jobs?

[#800000][/#800000][#000080]PS -- against my better judgment, I am leaving this thread unlocked, but that may change quickly, depending upon the nature of the replies that are made to it.[/#000080]
[signature]
Makes for a good laugh all the drama...... sorry your workload has increased but the threads are entertaining whatever side one finds them-self on. If one decides to choose a side that is[Wink]
[signature]
My biggest problem with the twins is that they spend more time fishing than I do !!! Geez !!! They hit 4-5 different spots a week. What do they do for a living anyway ???
[quote Therapist]My biggest problem with the twins is that they spend more time fishing than I do !!! Geez !!! They hit 4-5 different spots a week. What do they do for a living anyway ???[/quote]

Fish[Smile] I can't complain on that cause with my job I am able to fish around 5 days a week, but I do work..need the gas money..LOL
[signature]
The problem is that this crap has been going on FOREVER! Every time they get out a line, they act fine for about five seconds then there right back at it. I love a good argument as much as the next guy or gal, but these two are just, well, for a lack of a better word, ass's. I say if you want to get ignorant boys, jump over to the R&R forum and let's play. Kent, your doing a fine job and I support you moderators, you've got a tough job. I know we all have been pains in the butts at one time or another, but these two are habitual line steppers and I just don't see anything changing, I say save yourselves the trouble and be done with them, just my two cents. Just the comments about purposely harming fish and letting them go to die is probably enough for a game warden to ticket them for wanton waste of wildlife, I wouldn't want that on my site. If your asking us to play nice, I will, unless it on the R&R and then I can't be held responsible for my actions[Wink]
[signature]
Arguments are not just one person !!!! Love the twins post. Very detailed and are willing to share everything rides, tips , location and even hair advice just cause they fish a lot and report a lot everyone gets mad that they report on the secret honey holes. Guess do what you gotta do but like I said before arguments are just not one person.
[signature]
Your exactly right, they're twins, so that makes two.[Wink]
[signature]
I have no beef with the twins. Their style isn't my cup of tea, but seriously, who cares? They enjoy the same things we do; they just choose to express themselves differently. Some of the crap they say on here makes me cringe, but then again, I find more cringe-worthy responses and flat out [#000050]deleted [/#000050]rants from fellow BFT'ers than they ever put out.

Meh.

I wish I could fish as much as them, but I'm glad I don't have their hair stylist.
[signature]
I say give them another chance? there just young men? they will learn to keep there spots to themselves. [Wink] I like there posts and there passion for fishing, I use to get out that much then my damn wife and kids got in the way of that. HE HE! just kidding!!![sly]
[signature]
You are right heavycord, but I suggest maybe you read a few more of their posts. Sure they tell how, what, where and when and to some that takes the leg work out. Got to say, I don't get the lazyness. I mean to some point, help people out with I went to lake X, I used B lure and it worked great. But to KEEP doing it is nothing more than bragging.
They do not take suggestions and forget critisizm but they can sure dish it out. They are totally disrespectful.
If you like the pretty pictures and the stories great, but that is not the issue here. They blew it. They dropped the F bomb on a family forum not once but four times. Angler was quick to edit it, but what the heck were they thinking.
They are legal to fish the waters they fish and the Treble hook is legal (for now), but the pictures also show they totally miss handle this protected cutt all the time.
Sorry, but those are my fish too as well as everybody here and I don't like the way they are treating them. You want your grandson or daughter to be able to catch a lunker out of these lakes, but they might not get the chance as it is a gift right now to be allowed to fish them. I am sure DWR is not crazy about some of those gut shots and the mud. And yes they read this.
[signature]
I agree with FG. Normally I say give a guy a 2nd chance..but how many have they had now? Like CM said, since day one there has been nothing but contention and locked threads. We all know this. They've got a lot of growing up to do.

The twins are totally disrespectful and give arrogance a whole new meaning. Sure they spin a good story from time to time, and once in a while we'll see a worth fish pic if we're lucky...but the way they conduct themselves, the way they treat the wildlife, and their attention starved personalities make this place even more of a 'popularity contest' of sorts.

I'd love to see some humility and civility for a refreshing change. If they can do this, I'll be all for seeing them stay. Otherwise, this Forum will end up second rate.
[signature]
Totally agree Lava. Well put.
[signature]
I have a dream of a place where there's not a Little Dell report every week.
[signature]
I've noticed some of the mainstays posting less - I don't know if there is a correlation between the twins and that. But I would not be surprised if some are turned off by their "style".

In the end though this is more or less a public community and I think as long as they follow the rules here they ought to be able to stay. Just like the rest of us.
[signature]
[fishin]
I am pretty new to this site. Only been here about 1.5 years. From what I saw everyone was pretty cool and kind. I stopped posting because those guys started giving me shit for not posting everything, every where and how. Then I was joking once and they jumped my shit for giving miss information. This is me and it's how I feel:

Be good to others and do your OWN leg work. And if you want to fish with someone else you ask it over a PM!!! That is it! Why am I going to hike and work my ass off so I can give you every shortcut and advantage I didn't have?

But really aside from all that. It's just their attitude I can't stand and I can always just stay away from there Posts....

And if there are people out there that want to post info that is there choice also! But shouldn't bully people into it! PM's work just fine!!!!
[signature]
for what its worth anyone that has not made a mistake and got a ticket or asked for a little help on fishing some where they haven't fished or even made a post showing off a big fish or bragging up a great day let them throw the first stone i enjoy the picture they post and like to see some one get out almost as much as i do and how are the arrogant when the even post the day when get skunked they may be abit quick tempered but what do you expect when you go out do the leg work take good pics tell people what work or what didnt and get jumped from both side pro and con leave them alone if you dont like their posts dont bump their threads
[signature]
I've already "banned" them in part. Once I figured out what they were like I stopped reading their posts and I never reply to them if they respond to my posts. If they break the rules and refuse to comply, give them the boot. The more second, third, forth chances you give them then they win and wil continue to push the envelope. They are regulars on another forum I frequent so they will still be able to spew elsewhere.
[signature]
This whole thing baffles me. I'm pretty new to this forum and I've been impressed with the friendly, helpful nature of a few people on here (tube dude comes to mind) who seem to genuinely want to have a healthy, respectful and supportive community of fishermen and women - but wow...the last few days...

Some of the main complaints I have heard about these guys is that they post too much, they post pictures of the wrong kind of fish or fish that are too small or they don't use barbless hooks or they fish with treble hooks or they only fish Little Dell or the Jordan River or they "push people's buttons" or...on and on and on. I mean my gawd people if you spent half as much time fishing as you do coming up with reasons to complain about or attack those guys maybe you'd have something worthwhile to post about.

The simple truth is that they actually release fish which is more than 75% of the people who will read this do...I know because I watch them carry those fish out and toss them in the back of their truck as I follow behind them picking up their beer cans, candy wrappers and bait containers.

I don't know the twins. I've never met them. But I like their posts. They're the most frequent posters here and seeing their posts makes me want to get out and fish more...I couldn't care less if they are confident, arrogant, pointy-haired or catch fish on a treble hook.

Those fisherman who think the only right way to fish is their way, and look down their noses at everyone else are just as arrogant as the twins or anyone else. If its legal, its fair. Don't like it? Take it up with the state biologists and the legislature...not a couple of guys on this forum.

Some fish will die after they are released. That's just what happens. Sure, a worm or treble down their throats makes that more likely but sometimes a fish caught on a barbless fly is gonna swim away and die too. If you're so worried about traumatizing the poor, delicate trout then stop harassing them entirely and go target and hardier species like bass...or carp.

To be perfectly honest I'd rather see one of the twins' pictures of a 'little slimer' with a treble through its lip than any more posts whining to mom n dad moderator about what the twins are doing. If you don't like their posts...don't read 'em. Simple.

Go fishing people...and get over this. Let the moderators focus on more important things instead of babysitting ridiculous, unnecessary drama.
[signature]
+1 nebocreek
[signature]
I dont defend them, but there are alot fo people on here that ishandle fish, thinking back to a bass report a while ago, if their jaws become damaged sometimes they swim around with a closed mouth (common misconception is that broken jaws stay open) hold big fish (all species) with two hands its not very hard....

[url "http://fishing.about.com/od/bassfishing/a/handle_big_bass.htm"]http://fishing.about.com/od/bassfishing/a/handle_big_bass.htm[/url].

[url "http://www.bassdozer.com/articles/manns/holding_bass.shtml"]http://www.bassdozer.com/...s/holding_bass.shtml[/url]
[signature]