Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapalas Behind Floating-Sinkers
[size 1]Hi everyone, ever wanna fish swim baits while sitting still? I bought some coil lead from Cabela's, some years back, in a couple diameters about 3/16". It's hollow, so easy to make an eyelet of Stainless Steel Wire in one end for slipsinker style attachment. I have them made in 4" to 10" lengths, depending on water flow and weather I'm drifting and all that. Neat thing is on the upper end of Green Bay's west side the currents can get tricky as the Bay merges with Lake Michigan waters, so need to modify a heavy, long, bottom bouncer. Just slide a styrofoam slip-bobber body over the long slender piece of lead and cast. With practice you can cast a mile and with changing the size of the slip bobber body on the top end of the slip sinker you can make it stand upright in the water with a Rapala 3' or better back and just sit and let the Rapala "SWIM" and never get snagged. If a Rapala swims long enough, no wally can just let it go. We hit some nice ones on reefs Saturday before the weather got ugly and we had to get off. Trolling for wally's in an anchored boat, who would have thunk-it? [/size]
[signature]
that is vary much like river fishing form a bridge.

was there any size to them eye?
[signature]
Mostly smaller fish, 2 to 4's, but pretty good considerin the stormfront that was coming in on us. Nice thing with these bobber-sinkers is you can make them work in the current and depth you want, just to barely get to the bottom.
[signature]
I have had fairly good luck floating my rapallas a foot or two from the bottom of the lakes and rivers.

latched on to my biggest Crappie that way, 17 incher he was....

2-4 pound eyes are nothing to be snubbed at. them are some respectable eating size fish. if I was fishing for the platter, them are the size I would rather have.
[signature]
[cool]i use a simular method for fishing for cats keeps my bait up and moveing
[signature]