Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats in a name?
So I am curious why you choose your username? Is there a story behind it? Most of us have simple names but i am curious whats the thoughts or meanings behind your screen name/ handle?
[signature]
I will start this one... mine username is simple Wildcat94, I choose this username/handle because I played football for weber state and was #94. Plain and simple...

I know most names are obvious but there are a bunch out there that i wonder why you choose it or what it means?

I am just bored at work and thought this would be a good to pass some time and make the work day go by quicker..

thanks for any input
[signature]

I changed my handle a few months ago. It used to be "thefriends03," which was just my login for everything. My last name is Friend. I was married in 2003. So my wife and I used thefriends03 for everything. But I wanted something a little more personal to me here on this site for others to know me by. I grew up in Alabama. I love Alabama football. I am planning on heading back there next summer when I am done with school - hence the name "Bama_Boy." Plus, if you ever see me fishing, I will always have my faded maroon and white Alabama hat on. I am proud of being from there, and am just passing that pride on.
[signature]
mine is easy. next time you real in any fish look at his eyes.... lol looking right at his nose and what is dragging him.
[signature]
mines easy as well. back in my younger days i used to take alot of risks and its a damn miracle im still alive and people used to say i was nuts, then it kind of came to fruition
[signature]
Mine comes from a nickname a friend gave me when I started working at a bonsai nursery. I've used some form of it ever since for emails and user names.
-BB
[signature]
Well mine is self explanatory [cool]... even 8-9 yrs ago 17 yrs old when i joined the site I was pulling in beastly cats hence the name!!! These days I am thinking of changing it to it to UTbeastchasr [cool] jk i will be forever known as the catman! !!
Joe
[signature]
Cool thread! Mine is similar to yours. bigfish = the fact I like to catch big fish and 22= was my number in college at SUU for baseball.
[signature]
I've always been a trout bum. I'm slowly converting to warm water species though... Damn you, TubeDude! I've used TroutBum as a user name for many sites, including jazzfanz.com which is where it originated. Too bad there are thousands of people who go by Trout Bum, so I had to add Dave to the end.
[signature]
Nickname here, given to me by some guys I worked with, still not sure why, but it stuck.
[signature]
Quote:I'm slowly converting to warm water species though

I'm glad to see you're coming over to the dark side. I love trout too, but it keeps it more interesting when you can mix it up between a bunch of species.

My username is boring. When I signed up here I only planned on getting some info about Cache Valley trout streams as I was moving up here then. I ended up liking the site and sticking around. Perhaps I'll change my name to something more interesting.
[signature]
Mine has been with me for some 40 years. My first name is Todd. So my nickname my "freinds would call me as a boy was Toad. (must be my good looks [Wink])It stuck so I made a play on it and my handle is Toadly.
[signature]
Thanks for all the responses! I do have a few fellow bft'ers on here that i wonder what your handle meansor where the name came from like duckdog1us, coyote spinner, lavaman to name a few....

I hope this thread keeps a rolling
[signature]
Great idea for a thread!

I work as automotive technician and consider myself a doctor of cars. [Smile] I'm also a gamer and I picked The Car Doctor as my gamertag so I decided to use it here also.
[signature]
sweet thanks buddy! PS3 or Xbox?
[signature]
When I joined the site I had an old aluminum boat that was faded red and leaked. When I was asked what I did over the weekend my response was usually "took the old Red Leaker out".

That was 2 boats ago and now I've joined the tube/toon army and am contemplating changing handles.
[signature]
Nickname from baseball. I used to have a great throwing arm.

[signature]
I was at Weber same time, but I was a highjumper on the track squad. I liked hunting (buck), jumping (spring), and was new to the interwebs, so I corrupted the Africaans "springbok" and had a handle.
[signature]
At snowbird resort I skied with a Tye Dye shirt or hoodie, a hawain shirt, and swim trunks over my ski pants. The lifty's kept calling me the "tyedye guy" and eventually we were well known as the Tye Dye Twins.

That can be good and bad depending on what the ski patrol wants to talk to me about. They can found me 3 days later when I skied an area I was not supposed to be in (after the sweep of closure).

[Image: 506306.JPG]

[Image: 504725.JPG]
[Image: 508067.JPG]
[signature]
[quote Wildcat94] PS3 or Xbox?[/quote]

Xbox of course. [Wink]
[signature]