Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey all!
hows it going folks. I am new to the area. I can finally call myself a resident. with that said I can finally afford to go fishing again. I am looking for some info on what lakes hold what. I live in the high country and would likely find myself fishing up here more often then down in the city area.
I would really like to get into some large trout or pike this summer, any advice on where I might go to find the big ones?
[signature]
Where do you live up there, FB2?
[signature]
just east of the continental divide. I find green mountain res. to be my most often fished location.
[signature]
Lotsa pike in Williams Fork, including some brutes. The Blue River below Dillon has great rainbows but can be crowded. Antero, Spinney and Eleven Mile have great populations of decent trout along with a few pigs and Spinney and Eleven Mile have good populations of big pike as well, including some true 'gators.

Hope that gives you a start.
[signature]
thanks for the info on where to look for bigger fish. I am a big float tube fisherman, and love hooking into anything 15lbs or more. getting tugged around, spun, it makes for a good fight.
[signature]