Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
channel cats?
[quote TubeDude]
[#0000ff]On Utah Lake and other waters you can use a half a carp if you want...or a full one. Knock yerself out.[/#0000ff][/quote]

Now I would LOVE to see the channel cat you land using half a carp for bait! Me thinks that would pull your tube around like you was fighting a Sturgeon!!
Maybe it would be a "real" blue cat!

Wagdog - I was fully kidding on the sucker comment. [cool]
But per the details fishrm was kind enough to post - there we have it. Where you can, so anywhere's else you can't. And UL is on the hot list.
That's what I meant is that the 1 inch cutbait regulation is water specific not state wide.
[signature]
I would love to see how big the channels get at UL compared to the biggest ones here at Cutler. I'm sure each water has some hogs to offer.
[signature]
"Now I would LOVE to see the channel cat you land using half a carp for bait! Me thinks that would pull your tube around like you was fighting a Sturgeon!!
Maybe it would be a "real" blue cat!"

[cool][#0000ff]Okay, here's your pic. Sorry about the quality. Sparky took it with his cellphone.[/#0000ff]

[inline 00003552.jpg]
[signature]
[quote lavaman]I would love to see how big the channels get at UL compared to the biggest ones here at Cutler. I'm sure each water has some hogs to offer.[/quote]

nightime is the right time! We gotta give that a go. They might have all them whities for munching, but between the carplets and mudders - you may hate up, while the big cats love 'em!
Watching frogs on the bank too - thinking between ducklings, frogs, mice - oh my - might get to think big! Who knows.

Thanks TD - always one to deliver the goods!
Got that on a pink one?
[cool][#0000ff]Noodlin'. And not a "pink" noodle neither.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You sure as a lot of personal questions.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude]"Now I would LOVE to see the channel cat you land using half a carp for bait! Me thinks that would pull your tube around like you was fighting a Sturgeon!!
Maybe it would be a "real" blue cat!"

[cool][#0000ff]Okay, here's your pic. Sorry about the quality. Sparky took it with his cellphone.[/#0000ff]

[/quote]

Is that Andre Agassi? Big Grin
[signature]
1 in. cubic bait is only for specific waters, if you you want to fish the bear river with half a carp, good luck more fish for me. Read the proclamation front to back, not trying to be an ashole but read up and it is what it is. By the way shrimp doesnt work for [#002850]No profanity, creative or otherwise[/#002850], use punch bait!!
[signature]
Haven't had much trouble with my bait selections so far, I think I'll be ok, thanks for your concern [Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nope. Not Agassi. But an Italian. Good eye. Or is that G'day mate?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are quite a few of those big ol' wels catfish in the rivers of Italy and other European countries. But probably more dedicated cat anglers in Italy than the other countries.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It is funny that every so often one of these pictures of the wels catfish show up and make the rounds on the internet as "world record flathead (catfish) caught noodling". Preposterous. Those big cats have been reported to chomp on people and to drag them underwater and drown them. Not even the most "challenged" okie noodler would try to rassle one of those up out of the water.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good to see you poppin' in on the Utah boards once in a while. Always been sorry we didn't get a chance to share some water while you were here.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
those set line guys drill holes in a chunk of soap. stays on and that scent attracts them after awhile. I've been using spam, wrap a chunk in that egg sack stuff and tie it to the hook. they love that spam. caught everything in utah lake with it.
[signature]
I was on UL the other day and gave my dad my Mini Strike King (i talk about that lure alot) and he caught the biggest bullhead i have seen on it. The cats were hitting it right and left for some reason, Kinda weird.My faith in that lure increases each day.
[signature]
i set my set line today and couldnt even bait all my hooks without catching a fish all mud cats though but the chicken liver is working how i thought its good but doesnt stay on very well so i put like a mesh over it but im still having trouble.........i caught 2 as i was standing there but i had at least 4 or 5 working my line at the same time but they always end up stealing my bait without hooking themselves, i dont know if my hooks to big or what any advice
[signature]
Just out of curiousity are you sure you can move the set line to attract fish? From my understanding that is possibly considered fishing same as a reel and rod. May be wrong. Good job though! Is there certain waters that allow set lines ?
[signature]
Nothing says you gotta leave it motionless. Ya gotta bring it in sometime. What if you're bringing it in to leave and a fish decides to bite? Which one of ya broke da rulz? You or da fish?
[signature]