Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recent Bear Lake reports?
Fishing Bear Lake tomorrow. Has anyone fished it recently and if yes could you provide a report?
[signature]
Last Sunday fished from 12 to 5 caught 1 cutthroat marked alot of fish off Cisco beach but couldn't get them to bite. Don't wanna discourage you but it kinda sucked.. Also tried by the new marina for an hour or so but no love. We only trolled tried everything just off the bottom suspended you name it we trolled it Smile flat fish, rapalas,and a few secret weapons lol post up how you do
[signature]
Same as the previous report... One fish off the bottom on the west side by the marina.. I was in 50 ft of water and there was a lot of fish in the 12 to 25 foot range.. Just no biters...
I did run down to first point on Wednesday might of been Tuesday evening for a couple of hours... Didn't catch a thing and the fish were in the same depth... They planted a load of fish that day at first point I found out when I got there... I'm thinking that will mess the feeding program up a little...
[signature]
Fishing was great but catching was really slow. Weather was gorgeous with almost zero wind. Tried vertically jigging and trolling. Saw few fish on the finder. I had one bite vertically jigging and my partner had zero bites today. Not sure what happened, but I set the hook and briefly felt what appeared to be a decent fish and then it was gone. Reeled in and my jig was gone. Not sure if my leader snapped at the hook or if I had a bad knot. Pretty Sad to only get one bite and not able to seal the deal. Water temperature was around 45 degrees.
[signature]
Me and my dad went up Friday and had a similar day trolling. 1 Cutt.
[signature]
I think you guys are fishing too deep of water. Not trying to rub it in, I would just like to offer some advice. Stick to shallower water this time of year if you are after Cutthroats, like 10-18 feet all the time. You will not catch too many Lake Trout at this depth but I still usually pick up one or two each day this time of year in shallow water. The Cutthroat fishing has been ridiculous though, last weekend the 14th-15th I caught over 30 fish in two days. To be honest though, coming off of a fishing trip with Captain Jim the weekend before and catching a 30 lb Lake Trout, all the 4-8 lb Cutthroats felt like kissing my sister!!!
[signature]
maybe shallows the ticket....we tried 40-90 feet today and only landed 1 average cutt, rockpile, cisco and swan creek....will try again tomorrow
[signature]