Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander Catfishing.
Got thr bout 6, started off below the hospital with no love. went to first boat docks bites started bout 8. by 10, 3 small cats n 4-5 missed. Only fished with crawlers n 0 carp which was a surprise. Carp are all over on the banks slurping n jumping. Res is low right now.

On phone sry if u cant read this.
[signature]
What is the water temp? Down here they bite in cold water but when it hits 60 man it is a LOT better. Ron
[signature]
Not for sure wasnt in my boat.
[signature]
Stopped by there last year around may. It was pretty much a slow moving river. Is that pretty normal or because it was a big water year? Is it that low now?
[signature]
I think that was cuz of work on the dam? Maybe not. No its a res now just not all full. Its up to the rock piles if u remember them.
[signature]
You were at the ramp where the picnic area and playground are just before the big curve in the road?
[signature]
Think so. I know they have bathrooms and stuff dunno about a playground...
[signature]
Do you think the cats that are on the Bear farther down stream are from Alexander?

Ron
[signature]
No, the cats i catch down river are coming up from Cutler in Utah....
[signature]
Glad im not the only one catching the dinks from there. I did however find some bigger ones on the river a ways upstream from Alexander. Using cut bait. the.bigger cats im finding are on the river. And the water temp is in the high 40 low 50 still its pretty cold.
[signature]
Never fished much above that bridge below the hospital... Last yr though i seen some toons come down that was floating it and they had some nice cats.. Guess thats where i need to try and play around for those buggers...
[signature]
I was trying for some cats further upstream a few times last week with no luck at all. Still had fun catching carp, but I'm trying to get that elusive first cat ever. Any pointers?
[signature]
Anything works for bait. Worms, liver, cut bait. You just find what you like to use and run with it. Worms you'll be fighting carp and others as well. Liver i only usually catch cats with but its messy.... Ive been doing good right at sun down and in the first hours of dark... I just pull up to a spot and if nothing in half hour i move some.. If you need a little more ideas pm me and ill give you some good spots...
[signature]