Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone headed for Castaic this weekend???
This Saturday should be a good day just like any to go fishing at Castaic. If anyone would like to join me I will be at the fishing pier with my son from @5:30am-10:00am.
[signature]

Hi there tubeN2 and son,

I only wish I could. I would honestly try the stealth approach (casting 30 feet back from the water's edge) and WAIT 20 minutes or so for Tommy and his faithful sidekick to bite. You've got those colored worms as a secret weapon and a single twitch every five minutes might finally do the trick!

Hoping for the best,

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello Guys,

I wish I could but I have my sons football game Saturday and my daaughters cheer competition Sunday.

How has the fishing been on Castiac? Are you mostly fishing Large Mouth?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hey JR, I will try that approach. It only makes too much sense not to. Heck we've tried about everything else. We also have a few more pieces of ammunition in our arsenal. TD sent us some purple attractant devices. hee hee. I told him that I would test them out and give a full report.[cool]
[signature]
[cool]Hey there theangler, You guessed it right my friend. We are primarily after LMB. Not just any LMB but if you have been following my Castaic threads, there are 2 (now 3) in particular.

I guess I'm lucky as far as the kid thing works out. My kids are 15 and 17. Son 15 and daughter17. My son plays football in Hight School and my daughter is on the High School Dance team. Kind of like a cheer leader only more expensive with the outfits.

I hope we can all meet up there some day. I mostly fish the Lagoon or the lower lake. I have a poormans boat or tube as we call it. My son is into tubing also. Therefore his username: TubeNtoo. He hasn't posted anything yet. He is waiting for the Big One that we are after at the Lagoon.

Have a good one and let me know when you might be able to get up there.
[signature]
Hello Tubn2,

I'll look forward to seeing you up there, a lot of people say the next World Record Bass will come out of that lake.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[cool] The last state record came out of there in 91'. 21lb 12oz. It is still alive and has been spotted. It was estimated at 30lb right now. That is one big wall hanger.

That record was caught in the upper lake in a tournament and released in the lagoon. That is standard practice for the tourneys.

There are several large ones that hang out around the fishing pier. Check it out and see for yourself. [url "http://www.castaiclake.com"]www.castaiclake.com[/url] Look at the info for the Lagoon. There is a fishing pier on the East side of the lagoon. Whenever you can make it, just send me a PM. I will meet you there.

I look forward to it. see ya later. I go there almost every Sat and Sun. from early AM to about mid morning. There are some decent blugills come out of there as well. I caught one recently that was 2 1/4 lb.
[signature]
I'll look forward to it!

30 POUNDER!! That would make someone a millionaire a couple times over! It seems that the record is definetly due to be broken. I sure hope its you (well, not really, I hope its me, LOL).
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[cool] I hope it's me so that I can take you to lunch or something that day. The state of CA has a reward out for any LMB at least 2oz over the current record. 8 million bones buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can even buy myself lunch for that kind of money!!!!!!!!!!! yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]