Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jurassic Park fishing
The weather forcast for Wensday looked decent so it was time to ride out and see what we could get to bite.The first stop was 25 miles out W of St Pete in 70 foot of water on a large rockpile.Right away we loose a couple big snapper to the structure on 20# tackle like we arent there.I rig up my big rod with 80 braid and 60 florocarbon with a swimbait and drop it down.I get a huge thump and its fish on,an extremley strong fish is on my line and he is trying to break me off.I turn him and crank him up to the boat and its a monster gag with giant bite marks in it.Very bitter sweet becasue it was my personal best gag but the sharks ate him up.All I could do is throw him back and let the food chain do its thing.This isnt going as well as planned,so time to thin out the shark infestation.The first three baits I put out got eating within seconds and it was game on for a few minutes but ended with three breakoffs all due to undertackled.The fourth shark got wrestled up to the boat but busted the leader soon after he surfaced.
[Image: Snapshot70.jpg]
[Image: Snapshot74.jpg]
[Image: Snapshot73.jpg]
Capt Pete has seen enough and we move back in to 60 foot to elude the sharks.It was a good call because in this area there was no sharks but plenty of mangoes and a few hogfish.Capt got his personal best hog on his new stella.
[Image: IMAG0603-1.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0603-1-1.jpg]
[signature]
Well it is really interesting. I really like it. Thanks for sharing this.

Edit: links are not allowed for new members, see FAQ above for the rules of the site.