Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads up about PV!!
Just a heads up for those of you who fish Pineview. They are now charging to launch and on sunday the canyon will be closed due to a bike race or something like that
[signature]
Launch is $12 or $120 for the year
[signature]
Never have fished PV....but just wondering if these launch fees are a good or bad thing? Does it really limit the usage? Does it limit water skiers more than fishermen?
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing the Parks pass doesn't count there? Everybody's gotta have "the man" reaching deeper in our pockets. Wonder if Newton's next?
That's steeper than Willard even.
Hope some of that goes towards enforcement of proximity and hazardous boaters!
Oh does not deter anyone! PV is backed up for a long time on the weekends and gets really packed! lots of @ss hole joy riders
[signature]
it would be something if they used some of that money to improve the ramp and other things not gona happen used to love to go up there i wont even give them a second glance now! 12 bucks that is a joke!
[signature]
I totally agree, I wish the money would be reinvested in the lake, ramps, lighting for loading at nights, fish stocking etc...
[signature]
CRAP! You need a pass for State Parks, you need pass for Utah Lake , you need pass for Strawberry, you need a pass for Mantua, etc, and now PV? Why is it Idaho does not charge for better fishing, (with the exception to certain species, but they do have Salmon, Steelhead and Sturgeon) and smaller population of fishers?[:/]

Heck, give me a dirt road and a couple of bushes and no fee anyday.[sly]
[signature]
Umm...PETA? [shocked]
[signature]
$12 sucks anyway you look at but Its not even a just a launch fee. They charge you that weather you have a boat,tube,shore fishing or just there to swim with your family. Im lucky that there are still a few places to launch my pontoon around PV that are still free but how long will that last?
[signature]
So much for fishing being an inexpensive, past time hobby. [:/]
[signature]
[quote FishinDoll]So much for fishing being an inexpensive, past time hobby. [:/][/quote]

who ever said fishing was inexpensive? Maybe if you're fishing with a willow switch, line, hook and a split shot.
Sorry FishinDoll, no dis intended. I think it's on the off-topic board now, but a thread about the cost of fishing.

I don't even invest in the HIGH end gear, and Cabela's has been sending me the hardbound annual catalog of catalogs... just don't tell my better half what THAT means!
Add in gas to get there, cost of running a boat (if you do), bait, lost lures (grr)... now slapping more launch fees and access fees.

How bout the pitch into the Musky breeding program!

So there's what - three launches at the View, one private, then the other two are both $12 to get access now?

So Goddess. . . what are the bushes for? Willow switches for insta-poles? [:p]
Maybe I picked a good year to pick up that Idaho pass!
Does anyone know who authorizes these fee's? When I pay my money, what state agency receives the dollars? or is it a local thing?
[signature]
PV is Forest Service.
They get the money.
[signature]
Ah, there's nothing worse than outrages fees to fish "public" water. It's the reason I don't go to Jordanelle, Yuba, and some others very often.

Ridiculous.

What I find even more offensive is that they're closing a public highway (made for cars) for a bike race?

I though their big thing was "Share The Road".

Now that's ridiculous!

When they pay registration/insurance/licensing fess to ride their bikes on our highways, then they can demand special rights. Until then, use the shoulder or the sidewalk!

(Sorry...little beef I've got with the lycra crowd.)
[signature]
It's possible that the implementation of the higher-than-normal fee is the result of that tragic incident when a lady swimming in Pine View was killed by drunken idiots who, upon seeing what they had done, fled the scene without rendering assistance.

While the boat guys were certainly sued for wrongful death, they don't have deep pockets, which is why the state was likely named as a defendant in the lawsuit.

I suspect we are all paying for idiocy of three drunken boaters.

Nothing against responsible drinking.
[signature]
[quote kandersonSLC]It's possible that the implementation of the higher-than-normal fee is the result of that tragic incident when a lady swimming in Pine View was killed by drunken idiots who, upon seeing what they had done, fled the scene without rendering assistance.

While the boat guys were certainly sued for wrongful death, they don't have deep pockets, which is why the state was likely named as a defendant in the lawsuit.

I suspect we are all paying for idiocy of three drunken boaters.

Nothing against responsible drinking.[/quote]

The fees were high last year as well, so i suspect this is not the reason.
[signature]
[quote LOAH]What I find even more offensive is that they're closing a public highway (made for cars) for a bike race?

I though their big thing was "Share The Road".

Now that's ridiculous!

When they pay registration/insurance/licensing fess to ride their bikes on our highways, then they can demand special rights. Until then, use the shoulder or the sidewalk! quote]

I don't know anything regarding this bike race. But just an FYI, some of the roads around and up to Pineview from Ogden will also be closed in the morning and early afternoon on May 19th for the Ogden marathon. There are other ways to access Pineview, which you can get a better idea of by looking at the race map [url "http://www.getoutandlive.org/pdfs/Marathon%20Map%202011.pdf"]http://www.getoutandlive.org/pdfs/Marathon%20Map%202011.pdf[/url] .

So for those planning to fish Pineview on Saturday the 19th, driving up from Ogden may not be possible. And trying to get there early also probably wont work as the race starts at 7am and the buses start transporting runners at 5am.
[signature]
[quote lavaman]Never have fished PV....but just wondering if these launch fees are a good or bad thing? Does it really limit the usage? Does it limit water skiers more than fishermen?[/quote]

I am taking you said this in jest lol...

Only a few fisherman use PV its a play park were wakes and music are the norm...

Would one think that 12 dollars would slow that crowd down..
Boats that cost 40k plus and burn 120 in fuel for a day of play gear that is all designer based...
Sure 12 bucks will keep them away..
[signature]
[quote CoyoteSpinner][quote FishinDoll]So much for fishing being an inexpensive, past time hobby. [:/][/quote]

who ever said fishing was inexpensive? Maybe if you're fishing with a willow switch, line, hook and a split shot.
Sorry FishinDoll, no dis intended. I think it's on the off-topic board now, but a thread about the cost of fishing.

I don't even invest in the HIGH end gear, and Cabela's has been sending me the hardbound annual catalog of catalogs... just don't tell my better half what THAT means!
Add in gas to get there, cost of running a boat (if you do), bait, lost lures (grr)... now slapping more launch fees and access fees.

How bout the pitch into the Musky breeding program!

So there's what - three launches at the View, one private, then the other two are both $12 to get access now?

So Goddess. . . what are the bushes for? Willow switches for insta-poles? [:p]
Maybe I picked a good year to pick up that Idaho pass![/quote]

Us women folk to relieve our selves.[blush] LikeI said, un improved
[signature]