Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any bowfishers?
That's pretty awesome man. Sick deck on your boat, too.

So, what exactly do you do with all them carp?

I want to go bow-fishing on Mead now. You could bag 200 a day easy this time of year.
[signature]
Well according to NDOW you can treat them just like a jack rabbit or coyote and shoot them and leave them somewhere. Since I'm trying to promote the sport and not destroy it I tell every on to take the fish out to the middle of the lake and poke a hole in there air bladder and let them sink. Then there is no stink of rotting fish on the bank and it puts nutrients back into the water. I talked to a game warden about doing this and he said he has no problem with people doing that and would rather people do that instead of haul them somewhere and dump them in a big pile.

As for shooting lots of fish I think that 2 guys in 8 hours with good water on lahontan could boat 400 plus fish. Yesterday we had 6 inches of viz at best so all our fish were on the surface cruising. I shot under a lot of fish thinking they were deeper for some reason
[signature]
Gotta work on my aim first... [Wink]
[signature]
i just moved to the Vegas area a few months ago and have been asking around about fishing and bowfishing but no one ive talked to so far can tell me much.

im from the backwoods of Louisiana and it comes easy for me there but im out of my comfort zone here so im tryin to get some connections on some good fishing or bow fishing around here. Just bought me a new PSE Wave with the AMS retriever and its ready to roll. All my other fishing equipment is back in La tho.

Anyone ever wanna go around here some time just let me know. im always down to go.[fishon]
[signature]
This is My new PSE Tidal Wave i bought

And im about to buy me this little boat too. Go check it out. Ultra Skiff 360

http://www.ultraskiff.com/
[signature]
Awesome.

The quantity of Carp in Lake Mead is darn near out of control. Soooo many of them...

Go shoot 'em all!!!
[signature]
I will be on Lake Mead this weekend in either a Kayak or a little boat. Not sure what yet but im going to bring a Fishing Rod and My Bowfishing Bow to see what damage i can do. Not sure where some good places to go are seeing that its my first time to Lake Mead so if anyone is going to be out there and wanna hook up and fish or just has some good spots to go then let me know!
[signature]
I walked the shoreline by Boulder Beach and the fishing pier there last week and I didn't see any fish so I rented a boat from the marina. There are tons of big carp and lots of small striped bass hanging around the marina waiting to be fed but fishing is not allowed from that marina and bowfishing is not allowed within 1/2 mile of a marina or swimming area. They have small pontoon boats for rent there for $40 an hour. I went out for two hours and drove around the southwestern part of the lake and only got a glimpse of two small bass. I did have a couple of coyotes come up close to me.

A couple of days later, I checked out Willow Beach on the Colorado River below the Hoover Dam. I knew a guy who used to spear fish there for carp but I didn't see anything from the shore.

If anyone knows a good place to bowfish in Lake Mead or the Colorado River, please let me know.
[signature]