Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RV Batteries
The 12v interstates that I bought 5 years ago are on their last legs. As I contemplate their replacements I am wondering if any of you have any recommendations. I have been told over the years that 2 6volt golf cart type deep cycle batteries will outperform 2 12 volt deep cycle batts. I hear that they not only hold a charge longer but they charge faster and recover quicker. Anyone willing to share their thoughts and/or experiences on the matter. Thanks in advance [Smile]
[signature]
Reply deleted by Kent.
[signature]
all the guys at work that have trailers are running 2 golf cart batteries. and they have said the same as you just did
[signature]
Both can operate the same 12 volt system. The two 6 volt batteries wired in series gives you 12 volts. The two 12 volt batteries need to be wired parallel to give you 12 volts.
Hope I remembered that right and someone doesn't fry their electrical system with 24 volts if I reversed it [laugh].
[signature]
You are correct, as far as 6 volt goes, yea if you do a lot of dry camping, the 6 volt might have an advantage, but I would think you would need to run four of them, then it gets spendy. My fifth wheel only came with one 24 battery , after 4*1/2 years it finally gave up. Bought two 27's from Costco, and after the fact still wondering why, when for 4*1/2 years one 24 did me fine. Not all is lost just recently bought an electric motor for the pontoon, and will probably use one for that.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Hey Bear,[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I think this video will answer your question. Two sixes are in fact better than two twelves.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Thank you for all the useful input fellas. The video was especially insightful. I will be shopiping for a couple of 6volts this weekend. Guess I should start at Sams and Costco. Thanks again everyone.
[signature]