Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davis Signs Bill Upping Fishing-License Costs
Davis Signs Bill Upping Fishing-License Costs

Friday, October 17, 2003

By Louis Gerlinger

Log News Service - It’s going to cost more to fish in California next year under a bill signed into law Oct. 8 by Gov. Gray Davis.

Senate Bill 1049, which includes substantial increases in the cost of fishing and commercial fish business license fees requested by the state Department of Fish and Game, was approved by the state Senate Sept. 11.

Existing law establishes fees for lifetime sportfishing licenses, sportfishing ocean- enhancement stamps, commercial-fishing ocean-enhancement validations, sportfishing licenses, abalone report cards, steelhead trout catch report-restoration cards, commercial fishing licenses, commercial-boat registration, and commercial passenger fishing-boat licenses.

SB 1049 establishes higher fees for all of those activities beginning in 2004 and would require those fees to be adjusted annually.

The bill also repeals, effective Jan. 1, 2004, existing law establishing a resident sport ocean fishing license, upgrade stamp and validation, and provisions relating to the taking of striped bass in a sport fishery.

Instead, the new law prohibits a person from sportfishing in the San Francisco Bay-Delta after Jan. 1, 2004 unless he or she has a Bay-Delta sportfishing enhancement stamp, which will cost $5, affixed to a sportfishing license that will cost $31.25 for state residents.

Fees for commercial fish business licenses, fish receivers’ licenses, marine-aquaria receivers’ licenses, fishermen’s retail licenses, fish processors’ licenses, fish wholesalers’ licenses, and fish importers’ licenses will also increase next year.

To see the new fees go to the DFG website at [url "http://www.dfg.ca.gov/dfgbudget/"][blue]DFG[/blue][/url]
[signature]
[cool] Hopefully we can get the governator to step in for us.
[signature]
NOT 16!!![laugh][laugh][laugh][Wink]

lucky me! hehe

joe
[signature]

Hi there FTRDeckhand,

Long time no post my friend. Glad to have you posting. Thanks for the detailed info on what's to expect in 2004. I'll bet Arnold will make this a low priority in the coming 2+ months till January 1st.

At 54, I'm seriously thinking of getting a lifetime license as I plan to live out my days based in sunny California. I suspect it would be cheaper and I'd get my money back in around 15 years.

How about yourself?

JapanRon
[signature]