Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fentress Co.
any thing happening fentress?<br>planning on moving to the area and was wandering about what is available in the area.<br><br>
What’s the story with those razor backs, are there any? I've got 10 acres around Grimsley area. Haven’t seen it yet. (A mom Present)<br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown
davetclown,<br>Fentress Co., is in Unit III (Cumberland Plateau). There are a few Hunting Preserves (Boar/Exotics) but I do not know of big game other than Turkey and Deer. You can call the TWRA (Game & Fish) toll free at: 1-800-241-0767 and request hunting, fishing and WMA (Wildlife Management Area) brochures. They can also advise you on any available hunting leases that Paper Company's have to offer. Good hunting/fishing, Ghost<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"
thankx Ghost.<br>I will defenatly look in to those leads. <br>aside from hunting wild piggies I will be hunting family in the area. From what I hear My Great X 5 Grand Father was the first to apear on the us land grants rolls in the area.<br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown
Be sure to check the county records, and, military records. Both Union and Confederate. Let me know if you find any Confederate ancestors, a few of my friends are documenting Tennessean's who served in the CS Army. Ghost<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"
I'm still digging, but I do know that my family fought on all three sides. My greatx4 grand father (union) fought against his brother (confederate) and most every one else was just fighting to stay out of the way.<br><br>I will be looking to find more family in both sides of the war.<br><br>I found that another one of my grand fathers Died in delaware, He was hung, for not relecing the names of the members of the Boston Tea Party.<br><br>His name was Capitan Robert Messer, hung by the Red Coats, and was one of the very first of my White ancestry to die for this great land. (I will never denies my Indian, English, German, Irish, heritage) (Nor should any one ever deny what ever their heritage is, to do so will be to deny who they are.)<br><br>Your right we may have family that fought side by side.<br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown
my great 5x granny's picture is hanging in a post ofice some where in fentress county. <br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown