Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on Pickerel fishing
I've been saltwater fishing for my whole life, but I'm new to freshwater. I went up to a pond today and caught bass, perch, and one pickerel. Brining in the pickerel was fun! But I caught it by accident, are there any specific lures or baits that Pickerel love? Any advice would appreciated.
[signature]
Pickerel aways seem to eat my bass baits. But if you want to get more of them than bass, try useing a silver or gold spoon. Small wire leader helps alot as well. 6" should do.
[signature]
[quote gdn443]Pickerel aways seem to eat my bass baits. But if you want to get more of them than bass, try useing a silver or gold spoon. Small wire leader helps alot as well. 6" should do.[/quote]

Alright thanks, I'll give it a shot today.
[signature]
Dare Devils were one of my favorites
[signature]
You can use pretty much anything you want for pickerel. Top water frogs, jerk baits, crank baits, grub jigs, literally anything. One of the best things to catch them with seeing how they are very aggressive towards other fish is a small to medium sized rapala husky jerk bait any sort of shallow diving jerk baits that you can fish the shoreline. They usually sit in the shallows and wait for something to swim by. But pick what you want they aren't picky I wouldn't doubt it if someone threw a normal hook in and caught one.
[signature]