Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Casting Deck for my Boat
I was fishing Thursday morning, thinking about how much I wanted a proper casting deck on the bow of my boat. A simple, proper design popped in my head, and I came home and started tooling. A trip to Lowes and about 40 bucks later, I had what I needed, and this is what happened-

[inline "casting deck (1).JPG"]

[inline "casting deck (2).JPG"]

[inline "casting deck (4).JPG"]

[inline "casting deck (5).JPG"]

[inline "casting deck (6).JPG"]

[inline "casting deck (7).JPG"]

[inline "casting deck (8).JPG"]

[inline "casting deck (9).JPG"]

[inline "casting deck (10).JPG"]

[inline "casting deck (11).JPG"]

I'm stoked. It turned out better than I expected. And I'm sure it could support a 300lb guy no problem.

I used 1" square steel tubing as my support beams, and a double layer of 3/4" plywood. Urethane on all the wood, and some crappy (not marine grade) carpet that I know I will have to replace soon.[#500000] (By the way, anybody have some marine carpet scraps laying around? I'll buy 'em if it's big enough. PM me.)[/#500000] I even used nylon washers to separate the steel tubing from the rim of the boat, so there won't be any noisy vibrations from it, and I'll make less noise standing on it. The steel got a healthy coating of Valspar Max Anti-Rust. I used carriage bolts to connect the platform to the boat, and therefore, I was able to keep all of the hardware hidden beneath the carpet.

It's sweet!
[signature]
Very nice! I sometimes wish the nose on mine was a pinch bigger. I stand up there next to the TM and graph a lot for additional height when sight fishing. There is just enough room for both of my feet. I have come close several times now of going overboard. lol
[signature]
looks good man.
[signature]