Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100+ fish day on Utah lake
The white bass are out and wanting to play. I caught 160 white bass and 1 carp in 4 hours of fishing. All came on a fly. Clouser minnows and woolly buggers crushed the white bass and I got the carp on a swishes peacock #8. size ranged 10-13".
[signature]
Holy cow! I went out to fish at Bubble Up on Friday and we only caught two. Where were you fishing? I want to get back out there this week, but I need to do something better...[bobdumb]

Thanks,
bobwhitebarry
[signature]
oh dang man thats awesome. thanks for the report
[signature]
Where could I take my boy to get on the white bass from shore? I would love nothing more than to give him a taste of some of that kind of action.
[signature]
Now thats catchin..... That is a fish every 1.5 minutes for 4 hours straight. Congrats. that is fast and furious fishin. Fishon
[signature]
AND on a fly! Man I can't strip my line in that fast let alone recast. That is insane! congrats.
[signature]
Wow, 40 fish per hour,one every 1.5 minutes, thats a lot of fast casting, and reeling.
[signature]
That's just it Flygoddess, I soon found that all I had to do the flick my leader out and move the tip of my rod one way or the other dragging the wooly bugger, and I would have a fish on. I even had a few take off with my woolly bugger while it was dangling in the water while I took a picture. I didnt need to cast to half or them. it was insane, and I've never seen anything like it.
[signature]
Totally...Had that happen with trout, but never 100 fish 4 hour days even with doubles. That is awesome! I don't think TD has had that kind of action[cool][angelic] but I have seen him flapping wings with his two poles.
[signature]
[quote rctalbot]The white bass are out and wanting to play. I caught 160 white bass and 1 carp in 4 hours of fishing. All came on a fly. Clouser minnows and woolly buggers crushed the white bass and I got the carp on a swishes peacock #8. size ranged 10-13".[/quote]

What's your secret?!?!
[signature]
I think the secret is finding them There were others there that also caught a bunch but they were using jigs. I think once you find a school, they'll hit just about anything. Im going after them again, Pm me if you want to go.
[signature]