Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
channel catfish help
Hey guys, I have been fishing for channel catfish for a couple of weeks and I haven't been catching any. And anyone give me some advice.thank you.
[signature]
HOT DOG! use half or quarter pieces.Even dough balls,small baitfish,fresh cut baitfish,large baitfish.These are meathods I've used haven't tried the chicken liver yet...or other baits and such.. And put out a few lines if you can...Good Luck,I say fish your bait on the bottom,try deep and shallow[Wink]
[signature]
I have a friend that catches tons of cats on goldfish or bluegills, but I know some states it's illegal so I would check your state reg's
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Shrimp, night crawlers, chicken liver. cut bait.. Fish one or two feet under ur weight and keep enough weight to stay on the bottom and not drift out of the whole. Night fishing is best but you can catch them during the day also...
[signature]
use red sided shiners, you can also buy some fresh shrimp and take half and put it in your cooler and the other half in a bag in your engine bay of your truck its hot enough to make them spoil but not hot enough to cook them.. then you got chicken livers, worms, and carp meat.. use big hooks i like 2 and 3 ot.. expose the hooks cats dont mind. and this time of year cast close to the bank and try one rod in the middle as well.. good luck fishin
[signature]
Ive had my best luck using hot dogs and chicken liver, it never fails. The only challenge is keeping the bait on the hook. There is a guy on here that posted a great way to keep your bait on your hook using surgical tubing net. I have recently tried this technique and it works great, you dont lose nothing and can be used for chicken liver, hot dogs or any thing else.
I also like to go at night when the moons up and early in the morning.
[signature]
This year I've been having alot of luck on good ol fashioned worms, nightcrawlers, etc. It seems like I've been doing better than my friends who have been using other bait. I just throw it out with a bobber. Also, I've had the most luck either when a cold front is moving in, or when it is just starting to get dark at night.
[signature]
well hey, you're not that far from where I've been slaying them over in kansas, alright, so, if you are looking for info on channel catfish the best all around resource gotta be [url "Http://www.squidoo.com/channel-catfishing"][/url]
[signature]