Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Salsa Today
[size 1]Since my day is limited to hanging around the house and not being able to fish with the bunch up at Strawberry, I've been relegated to cleaning out the fridge of the remaining garden vegetables. The leftovers that I had to pick reagardless if they were ready to pick or not stuff.

So today we make "Kitchen Sink Salsa" or "End of the Garden Salsa." I've only got about 60lbs of tomatoes & tomatillos to use up should make a killer batch of salsa.

This is the time of year when I make the majority of salsa. All my neighbor give me the ramaining green tomatoes from their gardens and I produce a green tomatoe salsa that is the best I've ever tasted. Hands down better than store bought. Some of you may have tried some of the salsas I make from the very first BFT get together the Jordanelle "Perch Party".

Some day I make a name for myself as the "King of Salsa" but for now I just try to make enough salsa to go around for the family. I suppose I've got enough to last for the winter, this year and the next. So far this summer I've put up over 100 quarts and have probably given away to friends and family half that much.

So far this may summer my salsa has been well traveled. From all over Utah to Texas, New Mexico & California. I've even got one guy coming up here at Thanksgiving to give me some tips and to make some killer salsa during a family visit.

So while you guys enjoy the outdoors today, I'll be thinking of you while I heat up the kitchen, my mouth, and the salsa. For all you folks hunting this weekend salsa makes a great marinade for deer steaks, makes em yummy with a kick!

Good luck and be safe! [/size]
[signature]