Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Fight...Millcreek + City Creek
So the other day (thursday) I hit Millcreek in town to see what I could get. Got 2 Browns...lost several others...including a Rainbow Trout. Not bad for 1 hour of fishing..but I have had better. No camera...TDT had it at the berry.

Today (Friday) I went to the same spot...got a bite...so I took off for City Creek Canyon. Tried various spots till I finally started to get into some fish. Got a nice Brown...well nice for that creek anyway.
[Image: 790662.JPG]

Sure enough a young woman comes by with her dog off leash in a on leash section of the park...no biggy. So then the dog jumps into the pool...bugged but no biggy. Then the dog takes my fish and runs for it. Well that is when I told the lady this in a calm manner, "just to let you know this a "on leash" section of the park, I have a dog myself so I can relate, but you need to have him on a leash." Oh boy she called me every name in the dictionary, challeged me to call it in, and gave me some not so friendly advice on what I could do with my hair. She left and so did I....but the adventure was just begining. I went up canyon to fish some waterfalls.
[Image: 790663.JPG]

Some distance away I could hear the familar bark of that dog again....and I thought, "oh boy this aint over yet". There were other dog walkers around me and they were getting a thrill watching me catch fish....yelling each time I missed one. That is when the lady + her dog was back and walking towards me....this time she had her boyfriend with her. So I put down my stuff and walked towards them.

That is when the boyfriend said, "hey buddy whats this about you tellin off my girlfriend, you want to go". I got in a Right Front Guard and said, "I have been teaching and taking martial arts for 7 years, go ahead and throw the 1st punch but I will kick your......" That is when he said those famous words, "next time, next time".

So I continue to fish...even getting some cutts on the famous "TubeDude" maribou's. Having a great time I moved hole to hole getting my share of creek fish...not much size, but great colors.

A Cutthroat Trout
[Image: 790664.JPG]

Another Brown Trout
[Image: 790665.JPG]

As it was dark I headed back to the parking lot. To my surprise the couple was there at the gate waiting for me...with a couple of the boyfriends friends too. With 4 guys and just me, I knew that blocking 8 arms would be almost impossible. So I took off my sunglasses, gave them the 1,000 yard stare, and un-clipped the knife on my side. They saw the knife and made motions suggesting that they wanted nothing to do with that. Fight avoided, mission accomplished!

The whole afternoon I was using a Count Down Rainbow Rapala in size CD1, a silver bladed black/silver body black tailed Roostertail Spinner in size 1/8oz, and a TubeDude Marabou (siver/black). I caught 9 Browns and 2 Cutthroats...only kept one because he was a big time bleeder.
[signature]
Your one bad azz mutha. A woman a dog and her boyfriend look out GSP! Nice browns btw.
[signature]
Good story, funny thing is only in utah will someone call you out, and when you step up, they back down, then later on they show up with half of their highschool football team and wanna be tough again. To bad you couldnt show them you mad nunchuckin' skills. I hate wanna be tough guys(not you) but the dog owners boyfriend.

Good job on the browns, however I am bit depressed/upset not to see one brown with the infamous bf tdc, in its mouth come on EVIL dont let us down!
dude try big raps you wont be disappointed

glad you didnt get jumped
[signature]
Enjoyed reading your report.

Not sure that I would want to be your twin brother for awhile and you are fortunate no one came to the party carrying a firearm.
[signature]
Thats awesome! Gotta love the tuff guys, all bark no bite. Nice pics but you should of got one of thee possie running away to so tuff
[signature]
Entertaining post. Is that what you call going "fish-de-cuffs" over fishing? I'd think the Sparkinator had taught you to guard your catch.

Now- I gotta ask, is your twin trained in martial arts too? Or could it be one of ya'll puts on a show, while the other has fists registered as dangerous weapons?

Maybe next time - if you throw off a quick hook, it'll be said and done! haha
This is why I like to fish in the middle of nowhere. I go fishing to get away from idiots not get into a hassle with them. I'll take my chances with the bears, mtn lions and now wolves in Utah any day.
[signature]
Did the tye dye twin have to slap a guy? Dang all nice to her after her dog did you wrong and you still get a backlash. While fishing at the pump house about 6 years ago, Some guys were whistling at my girl (now my wife). One had the nerve to come ask for her number while I was standing right next to her. I got kind of close and said "she has a boyfriend right here bro." Me, fresh out of prison at the time thinking im a badass called him and his friends out while jumping around flailing my arms like im some kind of crazy gorilla. He then on went to say I would fight you but I only fight for money. A couple months later I see him at smiths in saratoga springs. He makes some comment under his breath as I walk by and I hear name callings the female dog type directed towards me. So I just walk by but wait outside. Once I see him come out I confronted him and let him know my problem I have. He still didnt want none. Dude was about 6-2, 6-3 and Im only 5-7. Never have I encountered such chickenry, But then again I am in smack dab in the middle of [#0000bf]deleted[/#0000bf] country, where people arent used to behavior such as mine.
What does being [#0000bf]deleted[/#0000bf] have to do with being a [#0000bf]deleted[/#0000bf]?
Oh mormon has nothing to do with bieng a sissy i didnt mean it that way. I meant there probably not used to guys trying to act tough. There not used to the thug mentality. at least around saratoga springs. To be real most familys I met out here Are way above the poverty line and grew up that way. So for them some to see some meat head trying to talk tough or be "gangsta" well they are just not used to that. I re read my post and I did say it that way the way you took it so I didnt mean to offend you and Im very sorry if I did. I was writing that post on my phone waiting for the other softball team to show up because i was coaching my sons softball team this morning and didnt get to write out the way i wanted to put it. Sorry man!!!
[signature]
This is the precise reason why I open carry my Glock .40 on my hip where everyone can see it. It has nothing to do with being a tough guy or that I want to use it, but has everything to do with avoiding confrontation. Most of the time, unless I'm in wild animal country, the clip is empty and the gun is only there for decoration. I haven't had even a sniff of a problem with the power squadron, tough guy [#004080]deleted[/#004080], or the "I no speaka Engrish" spot stealers since I started wearing it.

Sure made Pikeman nervous though... [laugh]
[signature]
Nice man that glock for sure will give people a second thought about wanting a confrontation. Most adult mannered men (or women) go fishing not even thinking about a possible confrontation, (unless they experienced it before,) just thinking about how many and how big the catch will be and to be one with nature. Its usually teens or young adults involved in fist of cuffs when out on the water. I also have a glock and I am very proud to announce this because It has been over 3 years of legalality of trying to get my rights back. with all the money I made from playing fantasy football on fanduel I went on a lil gun buying spree. Got myself a glock 17 9mm 1989 special limited edition and a couple other goodies. My wife is mormon and so are my 3 kids, they go to chucrch every sunday and participate in all the activities. Never will I try and steer my kids away from religion. I'll let them make thier own choices. Just so no one on this board assumes I have a problem with mormons or any other religion.
[signature]
I've only had two run-ins with idiots over my many long years, and they were both with guys in their 50's. Very interesting to see how different people can be and act when there is something as trivial as a "fishing spot" on the line. Ah well.

When you fish as often as I do (3 to 4 times a week), you're bound to run into a few wacko's. (unless it turns out that I'm actually the wacko, which I suppose is very possible)
[signature]
oh my gosh thats crazy trout bum!!! In thier 50's wow amazing? I never had any one get mad at me for a fishing spot. I went to one of my hidden spots on the jordan that I made with my machete and shovel and there was two teens there fishing when I pulled up. I didnt say anything but ahh darn and they were nice enough to say hey we can make some room. I just sat there talked to them and watched them fish. its kind of the opposite of what i just brang up of how the adults are likely not to confront and the teens or young adults are.
[signature]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]Entertaining post. Is that what you call going "fish-de-cuffs" over fishing? I'd think the Sparkinator had taught you to guard your catch.

Now- I gotta ask, is your twin trained in martial arts too? Or could it be one of ya'll puts on a show, while the other has fists registered as dangerous weapons?

Maybe next time - if you throw off a quick hook, it'll be said and done! haha[/quote]

We are twins in the matial arts regaurd. Although I have been doing it a month longer than him. Plus I won the last true fight too!

Oh if only I was there! That guy wouldn't have made it to get his buddies so to say. I have a very low tolerance for jackassery.
[signature]
[quote Wildcat94]
however I am bit depressed/upset not to see one brown with the infamous bf tdc, in its mouth come on EVIL dont let us down!
dude try big raps you wont be disappointed
[/quote]
He throws roostertails a lot in creeks and he swears by Rapalas now. I have yet to catch a fish on those $6 rapalas. Although we are going to have to see if he can get a TM on a roostertail! We won't forget the crawler.
[signature]
This whole post has been entertainment at its.......best? Well with all the reality shows I guess it is up there.
Guns in sight, martial arts....over 50?, Mormons....just about covered all the bases. Great read, now if we could just get the other side to the story it would make a nice full circle. It is possible to annoy someone and not even know it, isn't it?
[signature]
Something happened to me on a lake once that is sorta the same as a bully fisherman. I was back in a creek in Arkabutla lake fishing for largemouth. This creek is hard to navigate up into and you have to be very careful to not bottom out and get stuck then fire up the big engine to get out. If that happens the fishing is done there for that day.

Well I was back in there about 50 yards past the low water, I made it just using paddles and trolling motor and didn't disturb the water much at all.

Another bass fisherman shows up after slowly working his way back into the creek and see's me. He gives me a long frowned "i hate you" look for about 5 minutes. Then...

He fires up his big engine throttles it toward me until he is about 20 yards away and circles a couple of times. The entire creek was dirt brown mud by the point.

He actually Smiled and waved goodbye to me and gunned his engine leaving a mud spout about 10 foot high and 10 foot long behind his boat as he left.

I just laughed so hard all the way out of the creek and up about a half mile to another one and worked my way back into it and caught some great bass the rest of the day.

But I will never forget how unsportsmanlike that was of another fisherman.
[signature]
I love to think about "the other side of the story" which is why I put something about "maybe I'm the whacko?" in my post. It's always someone else's fault, right? Meh, buy a hand cannon and remove the temptation of the other person to engage with an idiot. Win/Win.
UNLESS, they are more wacko and also carry[Wink]
[signature]