Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey from Granite City, IL
Hey all! Not much to tell really. I'm just a 43 year old fat guy TRYING to get into fishing. Unfortunately, I don't have a boat, so I have to fish from the bank. I've got two rod and reel sets: 1. Shakespeare Uglystick 4-10 lbs rod with an Eagleclaw Gun-30 reel with 8 lb line. 2. Zebco 808 rod & reel combo with 20 lb line for catfishing. I'm looking to learn how to bass fish, but not sure how well I can bass fish from the bank. I've got a tackle box full of different lures and have no idea how to use them or on what fish. Lol![bobConfused] Anybody know of any good resources for a complete idiot?[bobhappy] Thanks!
[signature]
Welcome to BFT and I hope we can all help you get started. For resources on bass fishing, Bass Master magazine is a great publication to learn the many ways to chase bass.
When I fish a pond that I haven't fished before, I'll put on a watermelon senco. Weightless with a #4 off set hook or wacky rig it with a small circle hook. Fan cast the area in front of me and let the worm do the work as it goes to the bottom. Look for the edges of weeds, stumps,or any structure that makes it different than the rest of the water. You'll have to keep moving till you find fish.
Bass fishing will become addicting.
[signature]