Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead (North End) 5-20-12 w/a video
Almost went trout fishing in Utah Saturday then didn't. We ended up hitting Mead today since I have Monday off this week and a day to recover. lol

Hit the water at 5am and off shortly after 6pm. A long day in that heat! I ran the electic trolling motor for over 12 hours today in and out of every cove working my way along the coast line. Batteries are hurting big time. lol Got checked mid morning by a Ranger. Usual stuff. Life jackets, throwable PDF, fishing license, fire extinguisher, etc. First time for me. Painless.

Anyways ended up catching 26 fish total. 17 smallies, 7 large mouths, 1 Bluegill and 1 Striper. Could of caught more Stripers if we wanted to. Tons around. This one just got in the way of bass fishing [Wink] Ended up with one really nice LMB at 4.5lbs on a Strike King 6XD crank and everything else was the usual stuff at 2-2.5 pounds.

I got Madi in a video landing one of her Smallies today.

[url "http://youtu.be/e0ZQ9nT1nqs"]http://youtu.be/e0ZQ9nT1nqs[/url]

Hopefull the video works. LMK if I need to change any settings if you can't see it.

Some pics too:

[Image: LakeMead_05-20-12_002.jpg][Image: LakeMead_05-20-12_009.jpg][Image: LakeMead_05-20-12_012.jpg][Image: LakeMead_05-20-12_013.jpg][Image: LakeMead_05-20-12_015.jpg][Image: LakeMead_05-20-12_019.jpg][Image: LakeMead_05-20-12_020.jpg]
[signature]
You two always have the best reports, do you ever get skunked. j/k. The video worked great. Thank you.
[signature]
Twice I think. Once on Mohave, winter and windy, and once on Mead, winter and running all over the place looking for new spots (Didn't work. lol) [cool]

Having a boat is goooood. Mead sucks w/o. When we we got the boat back in September I thought we would never go on Mead from what we experienced attempting to shore fish the years prior. We just went out there to break in the motor, etc and found out hey Mead is pretty darn good. Sure beats long drives elsewhere everytime one wants to go fishing.
[signature]
Get it!

Gotta love the drop shot senko.

She's a pro, too!
[signature]
Great job as always... I need to get my butt out there... Gonna have to call in sick since the weekends my kids have sports or it's to windy...
[signature]
Being here in Utah....I would rather have the day you had with the bass and bluegill than the trouts of Southern Utah. Great pictures and great video too. Sounds awesome down there.....Thanks for posting!
[signature]