Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why oh Why!?!?!?!
This is kinda fishy-related.

Why is it that a (stupid) dog like mine HAS to go roll in something nasty when she finds it, so she can then share that wonderful aroma.
[inline "Some Dogs.jpg"]
Not the first time - my wee mutt has found some dead fish. It's not enough to try to consume said fish matter (left over bait), so she's filled with fish goodness on the inside - she feels it necessary to roll her neck and shoulders in the same slime, so the gift can keep on giving!
[inline "Dog Meets Cat - 400.jpg"]
Time for a bath!
Put her on a long leash and toss her in the lake... Dont think you could be accused of second hand chumming.[laugh] Might work
[signature]
Good reason not to own dogs. [:|]
[signature]
Just makes your day doesn't it? My pups found some dead rotting mud cats at Benson marina Sunday when I was loading my boat. Yep, bath time when we got home. The wife didn't even want to let me in the house from the second hand smell.
I wish people would just take a minute and think about the consequences of what they do.
[signature]
The good out weighs the bad every time.
[signature]
[quote BagABigOne]The good out weighs the bad every time.[/quote]

Oh, I know. Mans best friend they say.

Much better than owning a cat!
[signature]
took my dog out to run at the great salt lake she found a rotted dead carp and rolled all over it! needless to say the car ride home was less than pleasant....
[signature]
I feel ya, pal! Once spent a cold spring night huddled in a tent with a soaking wet-dog smelling golden retriever, who had rolled in a months-old road-killed skunk she had found.

None of the soaps/detergents we had would even touch the skunk, or the rot, and we flooded her undercoat trying, so she couldn't stay warm, and we had to let her in and roll her in a blanket. Sitting there looking miserable and ashamed, with her teeth chattering! Dumb dog....

SHE was an ex guide dog. So smart you could teach her anything but that, it seemed. Dogs are dogs. Their brains aren't wired like ours.....

I got nothing on stopping it.
[signature]
im happy my dog doesnt roll over on dead things XD. Im the lucky one here ^_^
[signature]
It's not just dead things - had dogs that found pig poop - ohhwwwwww - shudder - that was baaaad.

This sweet lil' pup was having a great time at ice off. Had some pond fish that didn't make it. Yup - SHE kept finding them. There were a few back-to-back baths then. At least she seems to like the bathing ok.

I feel for you folks trapped in tents or cars under such conditions. Bad enough having a cooler of fish, right?

Or that one tin of worms that got left in the car last week - ugh.
Had the same problem with my German Sheppard in Sacramento. She love to roll in the Salmon carcasses.
Not a good smell.
Here is what I found that worked best. Clean the dog normally to get the dirt and oils off. Then get a product used in hunting called Scent Killer. dump it on the dog and rub it in. It works by breaking down the enzyme left by the stink. Works on Skunk stink as well.
The stuff is mostly peroxide,a little baking soda and dish soap.
Try it it works![cool]
[signature]