Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout & Grouper in Pine Island Florida
West Coast Fishing Charters<br>Captain Kirk SanCartier<br>Fishing the areas of Pine Island Sound, Matlacha, Sanibel, Cape Coral and Charlotte Harbor<br><br>The fishing has improved this past week and, we were able to fish with our good friends the Lobbestaels. The charter was a Valentines day gift from Machelle to Joel. We started out early in the morning and caught some really great bait. We then proceeded to some fishing holes were I had seen the Snook laying. After a short time a large Snook was hooked but broke the line, it didn’t take long before another line was tight only to find a nice snapper was on board. We then moved to a spot on the grass flats were it was brought to my attention, that Machelle had only caught one fish before this charter. So as luck would have it, after her second cast Machelle hooked a cobia, a good fighting fish even though it was to small to keep you should have seen her face light up, it made my whole day. I asked if they would like to catch some Trout and Machelle was right there with an enthusiastic “you bet”. After moving to a calmer area on the grass flats we stopped at a small hole that was covered by sand and grass. Well, they had a blast; the Lobbestaels caught one Trout after another. The total was probably around 30-40 fish, they could do no wrong, and almost every cast returned a fish. After a while I happened to look over and caught Machelle rubbing her arms, she said they were getting sore from pulling in all those fish (that’s what makes a perfect charter). After a short lunch at a restaurant on the water (only accessible by boat) we headed out for a Grouper hole were only one fish was hooked but he was a big one, he broke the line but that’s the way it is sometimes. It was nice to fish with these folks and fellowship with good friends hope they will never forget this day. And folks remember the Tarpon are coming soon, as a matter of fact I'm seeing a few already but, the big schools are coming so book now, don’t miss out on the best fighting fish in the world. Contact us at our web site www.WestCoastFishingCharters.com; e-mail us at FishingCaptain@yahoo.com or call us at (toll free) 1-(888)-476-6656; cell phone (941) 823-2278 or (941) 283-9340 <br>Thanks again and tight lines.<br><br><br>Capt. Kirk SanCartier<br>West Coast Fishing Charters<br>www.WestCoastFishingCharters.com<br>