Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White bass still on...
Just in case anyone is wondering..

The weather is affecting the WB very little (something I was worried about). They are in along the shores, and up in the rivers/creeks and creeks mouths.

I skipped the morning, thinking I'd let it warm up from yesterday's rain, and a cool night. When I got there people were leaving with half-buckets of whities. Mid-day was slow, but productive enough, and I could watch clusters of fish actively running in groups, trying to get the girls to release eggs.

Late afternoon heated up, and by the time I left at 6pm, everybody was catching regularly. I threw a third back and ended with 35 over 10-1/2".

Pink, white, green curly-tails, silver spinners, and white/chart roadrunners did best, it seemed. Sparkle is good. You know the drill.....
[signature]
What side of the lake were you on Springbuck? I still chuckle each time I think of you strolling in the water at the Knolls because you forgot your fins. [Smile]
[signature]
How often do you think of that? Creepy.....[:p] [sly] I never did find those fins, and had to buy new ones..., but I did catch at least 40 WB that day, so....

This time was the small creek just north of Lindon boat harbor. Fished the creek mostly, around where it goes under the RRtracks. I did bust out in my waders straight through the frag and into the open lake. They were there, too, but a little slower than the creek mouth, so I went back..
[signature]