Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 5/31
Very slow fishun. Managed this guy on a reaper. [Smile][Smile][Smile] Sparky swam almost the whole time, 3 1/2 hrs.? Pretty good for am old guy. Then he wanted to fetch sticks after I came in, [laugh]

[inline mant-may.jpg]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good to see ya made it on the water. Sorry the fishing wasn't faster. But you know it will get better.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
What's got me kind of turned off is, there was a shore guy about every 20 ft. or so. [laugh] Was worried about Sparky making trouble but he stuck with me pretty good.
[signature]
NICE BASS!!!! I went after Carp today and ended up with six LM plus a few Carp. They are pretty fun!
Doesn't Mantua have leash laws?
[signature]
I was out at Mantua today also. My intent was to chase bass and hopefully come across some Bluegill. I fished the south end of the lake with no luck. After awhile figured I would just chase some trout. I quickly caught my fill of trout and caught a couple of small LMB in the middle of the lake on jigs.

Not a bad day overall. I used to catch big smallies at Flaming Gorge daily when I lived in Wyoming. Trout fight hard but I sure miss catching big bass. Is the South side of the lake the wrong side for the warm water species?
[signature]
[#804000]Was that you fishing in front of the west dike?[/#804000]
[signature]
Nope, I was in the N.E. corner.[Smile]
[signature]
I try to respond to every reply that seems to warrant it. This one I had trouble with. Why, I'm not sure. I guess I kind of thought that you might give me more credit for knowing the [#FF8080]Local [#000000]fishing regs.. [frown][/#000000][/#FF8080] But then, I calmed down from my male ego, and thought --------, she might be trying to help this old geezer, since I have made mistakes in the past.
Sooooo. thanks kid, no leash laws. That's why I go there. [Smile]
[signature]
Sorry you had a problem with it and didn't feel it was warrant an answer. See, I am a dog owner and I have a problem with it. I feel if it is public - like a park, then leash and clean up after your dog.
Surprised there is no law, seriously, as there is at most other lakes.
Not sure what leash laws have to do with "local fishing regs" however.

FG and Baxter
[signature]