Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB PONTOON/FLOAT TUBE.
I'M wanting one that can hold some gear and I'm a big guy so a good weight capacity is a must. Looking to put a little electric on it as well. Costco has one for 300 but thought id check and see if someone has a used one for sale first. Thanks.
[signature]
This has been hashed out several times. The best bet for the money is a used sportsmans aka outcast. The 9 foot or 10 foot can be bought used for 200 bucks at times. I bought a used 9 foot for 200. I got my new 10 foot for 400. Not all of the pontoons have PVC covers. It is important. The older Sportsmans have 900 to 1200 denier thickness. The new ones have 500. Some don't have any PVC.
The shape of the toon makes a huge difference. The Creek company sportsman is an ok day trip no motor no gear. I have two but I don't recommend them. The Costco and Colorado, and classic accessories, and venture boats are in the same do no buy list for me. Take your time and ask questions. I like my outcast sportsman's outfitter boats. Ron
[signature]
Good info thanks Ron... Ive never even been on a float tube but its getting a pain to launch a boat by myself all the time.. So I think its time to get me into one.

Yeah im thinking take my time and get the right one the first time... Im sure eventually ill put a trolling motor on it. So that is something im thinking. I just need one that will hold some weight because im a big guy.
[signature]
North Fork Outdoors made in Ogden Utah has the Highest weight capacity rating, the lightest pontoons, Frame or Frameless, Bladderless, thick PVC coating.
The U shape is more stable and reliable.
Even the Escape at 6' long has a 500 lb weight Capacity.
Plus Dave Scadden, owner, was head designer for Outcast, so you will notice some similarity. He has great ideas and Outcast knows it[cool]
[signature]
THANKS flygoddess. Ill check them out for sure...
[signature]
here are a few more models of NFO boats with some pics from last year. no fishing this summer/fall for me cause of work

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=617056;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=617056;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
Question on the NFO Outlaw Escape Frameless or the Renegade I guess for that matter. How big of a pain is it to deflate and inflate on each use? Do i need a truck bed or can i blow them up on the bank?

I think one of these will be my purchase but like i said, i know nothing about float tubing. Sorry i know these have been ask a MILLION times on the utah forum but i couldnt find them from the search for some reason, maybe its my phone. Thanks again.
[signature]
By hand with a dual action pump, it will take a little energy to pump them up like any pontoon.
I use a LVM pump off the motor battery or off one of the small 12 volts used for sonar. I top the toon off with a K-Pump. It takes me 3 minutes to inflate my Renegade.
We have both, a truck and my car. My car being a Grand Vitara (smaller than the Jeep Liberty) I haul the Renegade, battery, motor, motor mount, bags, hip waders, vest, rods in the back with the seat area still inflated. Truck, a piece of cake.

Deflate, these boats have BRAVO valves. press once and it is open, press twice, it is closed. They deflate quickly.

The Renegade is 9' long and weights 28 lbs...(4 lbs more than the Escape). It will deflate and fold up to fit in a rolling duffle for storage in the winter.

Advantage to pontoon over tubes, oars being the obvious but you only need hip waders too.
[signature]
Man this gets better n better!!! Thanks a bunch for your time and info. Now its just to decide which one to get hahahaha.. Thanks again...
[signature]
ever plan on flaoting a river? both can float a river the escape is rated to class III, but renegade to class IV, maybe V. my wife rolls the renegade and she loves it. tons of room in the back for her motor battery, and a small cooler. she also tends to overdress, and takes a small gym back with her and takes layers off on the water and stores the gym back behinde her. you could technically do that on the escape, but you would really have no room for a battery if you want to put on the trolling motor and motor mount.if you get either the rene, or escape, the one thing that i have found to be the most important piece of the boat is the stripping apron. its an add on that sits across your lap but a life save since you can strip line in it, drop tool in it, etc.
[signature]
What is your price range, and how are you planning to use it? Ron
[signature]
Was looking cheap but want one ill actually use n like. I have $5-7 hun but think bigger is better? I can save a bit longer n do 1k? I dunno im sure itching to go today tho lol.

I usually fish prestons ponds n want to fish the snake.
[signature]
I would also like to throw the Assault into the mix. It is 8'6" long and weighs 23 lbs
Very easy to carry with the two inside handles, and will do everything the Renegade will do. Plus fits in a rolling duffle.

[Image: IMG_4398-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4233.jpg]

LIFETIME warranty on Frameless
[signature]
one thing to keep in mind the second you put an motor on there you have to register it like a boat...
[signature]